freeride feature idea

pinkshirtphotos

as most on this board know i am into the whole dh/fr seine and i would like to see more fun features on our xc trails. this is my latest idea to make use of a 4-5 foot wall if there are any in the jungle habitat/ other parks of nj.
DSC_4953.jpg

the green is a teeter, you ride up and the weight of the bike pushes down the other side and you ride off, then the teeter returns because of a weight on the other side, the red is a few foot drop to a mellow transition. this would be best on a harder trail, and be labeled for experienced riders only.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
unfortunately, on public trails, especially in sue happy new jersey, the only place you're likely to see 'stunts' like above are in sectioned off and signposted 'skills area's. i really don't see them ever being integrated into xc trails. personally i wouldn't want to see them integrated into them either. i like technical and 'stunts', but prefer them to be all naturally part of the trail, not manmade.

the problem with teeter totters integrated into the trails 'randomly' should be obvious. one person walks up it while another is standing at the bottom and the one standing at the bottom get's a facefull of 2"x12".

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i'm not trying to shoot you down here. i would love to see skills areas in new jersey parks. middle run delaware has an excellent beginner-intermediate skills area. it would be great to have them. i just enjoy being surrounded by nature when i'm on an xc/hiking trail, i don't want to see signs and wooden playygrounds built up in the middle of them.

pinkshirtphotos

well something like this would be out of place in most places but a park like jungle habitat where there are already a bunch of man made things scattered about i think it could fit in. Also the way the pens are in that park i bet there is a way to make a fenced in skills park. that would be pretty cool.

Top Bottom