fork is flexy

K

klutch

What's up guys,
First I would like to say congrats to all who participated in the 24 hour race. It was brutally humid and the rain... well the rain and what's with the tree branches?
Anyway I ride a hardrock pro and have a 06 Marzocchi mx comp either 120 or 130mm not sure and I was riding Ringwood yesterday and the fork feels flexy as hell. When I hit anything in the trail it wobbles like a Mike Tyson knockout. I've tried different adjustments and all sorts of settings and it's the same, I even tentioned and trued the front wheel with no change. The fork has got the ETA/TAS air on the right stantion and internal rebound adjust, anyone have this fork with this problem or any suggestions on possible causes I would really appreciate it.

K

klutch

No,it's almost new and I tightened it yesterday at ringwood...

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
front brake?

how about your front brake and its pads? Sometimes when im at the shop squishing some forks and using the front brake depending on the front brake you could have some slop on the brake's pistons and pads.

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Are the inner legs flexing with in the outer legs? if so you could have broken the inner leg bolts.

J-Dro

This is almost impossible to diagnose without seeing the bike, but my guess is same as anrothar... Not enough headset spacers so no matter how tight you make the headset topcap it won't properly sandwich everything.

ytc100

Are you hearing any knocking sounds? Typically a loose headset will make a knock as the steerer tube rattles around inside your head tube.

I would think that if something was loose or broken inside the fork you would hear some noises as well. If there's no noise and things seem tight it could just be a very flexy fork.

Could be a loose hub too. Hard to guess based on your description.

K

klutch

To me it seems as the fork lowers are moving independently of each other. And as far as I can tell everything else is tight and solid???

Top Bottom