Flushing DNS

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Thanks for the e-mail recommending flushing the DNS cache. For whatever reason, all of my internet surfing has sped up since flushing that cache, and I never would have done it had MTBNJ not changed servers and mandated it. Sites load MUCH more quickly for me now.

Thanks!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
from a command line:
ipconfig /flushdns

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Thanks for the e-mail recommending flushing the DNS cache. For whatever reason, all of my internet surfing has sped up since flushing that cache, and I never would have done it had MTBNJ not changed servers and mandated it. Sites load MUCH more quickly for me now.

Thanks!

It wasn't a mandate...it just may have taken a time before your computer would get the new IP address of the server and this gets 'er sync'd up right away (provided your ISP's DNS had the new IP when this command is executed).

Anyway, you're welcome.

Your cache was probably full of crap...

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I don't. (I'm on 10.5).

The front-end terminal application can be found in the utilities folder inside your applications folder. Launch the terminal application and it'll give you a command-line interface within the terminal window (that command-line lets you interact directly with the BSD Unix that underpins Mac OS X without the fancy graphical user interface). Just enter:

dscacheutil -flushcache

hit return, and you're done. Quit the terminal application...

BiknBen

I keep reading that syntax expecting to see douche in there somewhere. :eek:

Yes...I'm a sick individual.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
wow, I just ran this on my work comp and now it is much faster to load web pages, thanks!

Top Bottom