Fatbikes of NJ Gallery

hk1981

Trek Farley 5
1521467266032.png

Decided to go fat after my xcal was stolen a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to hitting the beach by where I live

Last edited:

Mr.Moto

Had to retire my Turner King Khan due to a cracked top tube!

So new fat bike build was out on trail for first time yesterday - new carbon Bucksaw
View attachment 68198

Turner usually stands by their bikes. Curious to know if you went back to them about the frame for warrantee.

Also welcome to the Bucksaw family. A few of us run ours with forks set at 120mm and like it for what we ride. I use a Fox 34 boost fork that you can squeeze in a 4" tire on a 70mm rim without a problem. Other than winter, we also run B plus wheels which work well. It's a very versatile frame. Congrats on the new ride!

FATBIKEMIKE

Was disappointed in Turner - spent a lot of money on the bike and they basically said there is nothing they can do. Problem is they only made 65 king khan's. So they could not warranty and frame was determined to be unrepairable when I sent it out to them. I am working to try and get an RFX frame to try and sell to off set cost of the bucksaw purchase but we will see what happens.

I have the 120mm bluto on now which is what was on the Khan. Basically took all components and fit into the bucksaw. The front tire feels heavy which is odd with the carbon rims and tires. But was thinking that was because the bike geometry is made around 100mm front shock. Ordered parts to make 100mm to see if it changes the ride.

Thoughts on the 100 to 120. Did you notice any difference in front tire handling?

I am looking forward to dialing in this bike as I absolutely loved the Khan - hoping after some tweaks that I enjoy as much if not more.

FATBIKEMIKE

I'm interested in hearing your thought on how the bikes compare.
Were you able to use the cranks off the turner on the salsa?

Was able to use cranks - basically all parts switch out except I had to buy new bottom bracket, headset and new dropper post.

As of now little dissapointed in Ride but have only been out twice now. The King Khan although aluminum vs bucksaw carbon frame just felt lighter pedaling. Need to tweak some things over next few weeks and give it a chance I guess

Mr.Moto

Was disappointed in Turner - spent a lot of money on the bike and they basically said there is nothing they can do. Problem is they only made 65 king khan's. So they could not warranty and frame was determined to be unrepairable when I sent it out to them. I am working to try and get an RFX frame to try and sell to off set cost of the bucksaw purchase but we will see what happens.

I have the 120mm bluto on now which is what was on the Khan. Basically took all components and fit into the bucksaw. The front tire feels heavy which is odd with the carbon rims and tires. But was thinking that was because the bike geometry is made around 100mm front shock. Ordered parts to make 100mm to see if it changes the ride.

Thoughts on the 100 to 120. Did you notice any difference in front tire handling?

I am looking forward to dialing in this bike as I absolutely loved the Khan - hoping after some tweaks that I enjoy as much if not more.

I did not think that going to 120 changed how the bike handled that much. Just needed a slight adjustment for steeper climbs. Never rode the King Khan so I can't really provide a comparison on the two bikes.

Top Bottom