Fast and dusty!

Doesn't matter what anyone else does; ride however feels right to you.

Personally, I ride the obstacles that keep the flow going and skip the ones that I have to go out of my way to ride. Also, I skip the ones that look too scary to me (high log bridge near Middlebush, for example).

yeah this is what I try to do most of the time. The high log near middlebush...is that the one with the skinny ramps on either side that come to a pretty sharp angle at the top? Yeah I've...always fallen off that lol

oh what do i know. haha. i think i'd need to go with someone and watch to see how they tackle the stream crossing. i've hit the ones at chimney rock with no issues, much to my own surprise, but those aren't nearly as wide and deep.

after looking at the map when i got back. yep, missed quite a bit.

Just plow through it, and stay on the upstream side of the submerged rocks. I find it easier to cross when you're coming from the canal side and heading towards Blackwells Mills Rd. I haven't figured out a way to get through there w/o soaking myself so I don't even try at this point.

As for the obstacles, I haven't worked up the courage to try any log rides yet. I usually ride alone, so that always plays into my decision to skip that stuff. The thought of falling and hurting myself w/ no one around is not a pleasant one. Speaking of the stream crossing, late last fall there was a sapling that fell across the bank on the Middlebush side of the stream. I stopped to check it out and decided I could ride over it no prob. I went back up the trail about 50-100' to get some momentum. I was hauling at a decent pace when I hit the sapling and went OTB and landed face first into the water. I had myself pretty freaked out wondering what would have happened if I knocked myself unconscoious and landed that way. Obviously there is an inherent risk with cycling (MTB or Road) so I usually try to avoid upping the ante. I might have a minority view on that, but I'm sure there will be a day where I get bored just riding around everything, and actually go for it.

i narrowly rode the ladder bridges because, well, you kinda have to in order to continue on. some of the skinny little logs i didn't attempt since they looked pretty sketchy and crooked and everything was really slippery in the morning as it was. on a drier day i'm on it!

yeah this is what I try to do most of the time. The high log near middlebush...is that the one with the skinny ramps on either side that come to a pretty sharp angle at the top? Yeah I've...always fallen off that lol

No, not that one. But it is right next to the one I mean: that bridge across the creek that's made up of sticks nailed down to two parallel logs. Its like 5 feet in the air. That scares me.

I've had my shares of crashes on that A-frame over the log, too. I keep trying it though!

we need to have a group ride soon, get everyone together to get the courage to clean some of these things! i havent ridden a couple of the obstacles (the a frame, the huge long log, the crazy looking skinny before that 3rd bridge) but soon :)

No, not that one. But it is right next to the one I mean: that bridge across the creek that's made up of sticks nailed down to two parallel logs. Its like 5 feet in the air. That scares me.

I've had my shares of crashes on that A-frame over the log, too. I keep trying it though!

I used to ride the sketchy high up bridge there but at some point a couple 'rungs' went missing. I rode it and had a close call...re-evaluated the risk vs. reward. Now I dont even look at it :D

Haha, I ride over that thing every time. Scares the hell out of my buddy. It rattles a little more and seems to have one less log every time. Soon I will die.

Haha, I ride over that thing every time. Scares the hell out of my buddy. It rattles a little more and seems to have one less log every time. Soon I will die.

That's one I def skip...I have fun going down into the gully and flying back up

Ahh, missed this when it was first posted, don't get on here much lately. I was there the 19th too! I was on a black Nomad and my buddy had a black/green Trek 4500. Pretty awesome conditions minus a few wet spots.

All the upgrades are great! The markings for the trail on the 27 side are a nice touch since I've last been there. Thanks to everyone putting in the work. I'll really try and make it out to a TM one day, there just always seems to be scheduling conflicts!

A couple of the things talked about:
That little jump/drop/ramp thing - Super fun! Just hit it with a bit of speed to carry you out and it's great, decent tranny where you come down on the hill, just on some roots so a bit bumpy, but plenty of time to stop.

Skinny high bridge near Middlebrush - Hit it this time, but I had to talk myself into it. Seemed WAY sketchier then last time out. Definitely lost a rung or two! A nice rush! And the other little ride over is fun too!

Hit a couple of the log rides. My friend doesn't really hit them so I didn't play around on too many of them, just a few here and there.

All the new wood features are cool too! Just something else to hit out on the trail. Very fun day overall, did the whole loop without getting lost this time!

Everybody keep up the great work! I really gotta get out there and lend a hand sometime soon!

+1...With some speed its managable...I like hitting it going toward Middlebush BUT it does need a makeover

I forget to tell everyone.... The A frame thingy by the 27 parking lot is broke.:cry::cry: It was fine on the way in the trails but on the way back I couldnt hit it cause it was cracked:cry:

Broken A-Frame

Yup saw that last night.

I think after today's projected rain the thread might have to be changed from fast and dusty to slow and sloppy. Was out there last night and the trail was in great condition but was getting wet in the usual areas. I'm thinking that today's rain will unfortunately make it too wet to really ride.

Yup saw that last night.

I think after today's projected rain the thread might have to be changed from fast and dusty to slow and sloppy. Was out there last night and the trail was in great condition but was getting wet in the usual areas. I'm thinking that today's rain will unfortunately make it too wet to really ride.

So went to the 27 side and rode the whole red trail to middlebush. It was more than rideable today but anymore rain and it's going to be a no-go.

Yeah Props to whoever cut that tree and built that dropoff ramp by the power lines close to the 27 side on that steep creek wash area- tons of fun. Also that new hit on bye south middlebush after the fork of red and blue heading down the hill to the road is a ton of fun! I hit that really fast and it was PERFECT.

Looks like we are going to have to wait to ride what is transformed into 6 mud mile with this rain. I was hoping to ride Sat.....guess not.

SirCrashalot- I'm the guy you rode with like a month ago when me and my buddy met you by Middlebush road crossing and rode back to 27 lot- we were moving at a good clip that day- I finally registered and stuff here.

Dude in the black Civic SI I met this past sunday in the PK lot- Carry a tube-LOL! If I would have seen you bye ranger station I would have thrown you my spare tube if you have a 26"

see you on the trails.

illegal

... Also that new hit on bye south middlebush after the fork of red and blue heading down the hill to the road is a ton of fun! I hit that really fast and it was PERFECT...

It is too provocative and should not be there... Any trail work MUST be approved at least by one of two: Jdog or Wobbegong

Last edited:
It is too provocative and should not be there... Any trail work should be approved at least by one of two: Jdog or Wobbegong

It will be gone tomorrow morning, hopefully along with its "signage".

We worked hard to get access to the red trail, and jumps with grafiti near the trail head do nothing for us.

It will be gone tomorrow morning, hopefully along with its "signage".

We worked hard to get access to the red trail, and jumps with grafiti near the trail head do nothing for us.

It is too provocative and should not be there... Any trail work MUST be approved at least by one of two: Jdog or Wobbegong

I enjoyed it too....didn't think much of it other than that one of the water bars put in during recent trail day had been slightly 'modified'. I missed the 'signage' though altogether.

SirCrashalot- I'm the guy you rode with like a month ago when me and my buddy met you by Middlebush road crossing and rode back to 27 lot- we were moving at a good clip that day- I finally registered and stuff here.

see you on the trails.

Yeah man I remember you. Was a fun ride. I always feel like half a cheeser bringing up this site to people, but its worth it. Glad to see you quit lurking and started babbling like the rest of us fools. ! :popcorn:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions