Farewell Chris Schilling

Off The Road Again

Absolutely horrible news. I didn't know Chris as well as many of you who've posted kind words, pictures, and fond memories. I met Chris probably 1 1/2 years ago, likely at one of the H2H races. Soon enough, he began joining us in rides with the NJ Mountain Biking MeetUp rides and I got to know him better. My fondest memories, tho, were when he'd be along side the race courses, cheering me and everyone he knew (and that's a lot!) on "You got this." I looked forward to racing, knowing I could count on seeing Chris at some point and cheering on his fellow riders. Even during endurance races, he'd pass me but always with encouraging words. Taken way too soon. My deepest condolences to his family and friends, may you Rest in Peace Chris.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
I have been reading this on and off and still dont know what to say. I am sad and angry.
When I looked at the picture Norm posted of Chris covered in mud in the snow I sobbed. I was surprised at the loss I felt thinking I would never see him in the lot at Allaire again. I pray for the family for peace and comfort. I myself take comfort from the promise that if we run a good race, we will see our loved ones again.

The next time the ride of silence is run, I will attend for you Chris. In fact, I am going to see what I can do to schedule one for my area.
http://www.rideofsilence.org/ros_poem.htm

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I was really hoping not to hear this. I was so sure he would be back at Allaire after a while. He was always at the lot when I was lucky enough to get in a ride or go to Trail Maintenance. Even though right now, I write this with tears, I will ride, go to TM sessions and help with the beginner rides thinking of Chris, and I will smile remembering a great guy. Our deepest thoughts and love to his family and friends.

RNG1

Heartbreaking to read this.
I was hoping so hard that this wouldn't be the outcome and it is so hard to believe.
My heart pours out to his family and friends.

gsorbo

Heartbreaking. I met Chris at Allaire several times, but never got to know him well...my loss. Sincerest condolences to his family and his biking buddies.

EJphotos

My prayers are with his family. Like I said in the other thread, I only met him a couple times just recently at the Allaire rides. On our last ride, he was right behind me, and I had "accidentally-on-purpose" went off the trail and over a tree (successfully) on my bike. I laughed it off and said "whoops haha" and Chris said, "it's all good, you got it!" Something that I'll always remember while riding!

robertg

I never met Chris, but everyone that I have met that knew Chris only had the best things to say about him. I am sorry for his passing, God bless him and his family.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I feel blessed for having spent time together on trails, racing and being stupid together. I'd like to think a bit of Chillins spirit shines on in me.
Good night my sweet prince.

@Mitch dispersing his ashes over the bluffs of Hartshorne looking toward Seabright.

tumblr_lh3yt8ImTa1qgaj9so1_500.gif

rayder

Met Chris a bunch of times on group rides and last winter road with him on a couple fun group rides in a row one was at sour lands in the snow and then shortly after Mahlon Dickerson in the snow. We talked a little and shortly after that we were following each other on strava. My wife Lauren reminded me that he would also be cheering us on while we were racing cat two. Seemed to be such a great guy and I wish I could've continued to get to know him better. Like others have said I feel a pit in my stomach and I've had a hard time figuring out what to post

Top Bottom