Famous People You've Met or Seen

MMuller

Popper has gone a little off the deep end in recent years, but when things were good, it was tight.
Popper and Joan Osborne used to sit in regularly with my 80's/90's NYC band The Surreal McCoys. They were literally kids that just got off the bus and would hang all night until we had them come up. Everyone knew right away they were going to make a splash. Great times in NYC in the 80's. China Club, Old Lonestar, then the new Lonestar on 52nd, Tramps down in the basement, then the new tramps. Delta 88, Rodeo Bar. We were young and jamming good times.
Is that Anton Fig and Will Lee
Yes, that's me, Jimmy Vivino, Anton, Les, Geoff Emerick (the guy that pushed the record button on every Beatle song), Will Lee and the dude from Animal House. One of the more incredible tables I was ever invited to sit at. I have another shot with world famous producer Phil Ramone. What a night. The producer engineer stories I heard were amazing!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Popper and Joan Osborne used to sit in regularly with my 80's/90's NYC band The Surreal McCoys. They were literally kids that just got off the bus and would hang all night until we had them come up. Everyone knew right away they were going to make a splash. Great times in NYC in the 80's. China Club, Old Lonestar, then the new Lonestar on 52nd, Tramps down in the basement, then the new tramps. Delta 88, Rodeo Bar. We were young and jamming good times.

Yes, that's me, Jimmy Vivino, Anton, Les, Geoff Emerick (the guy that pushed the record button on every Beatle song), Will Lee and the dude from Animal House. One of the more incredible tables I was ever invited to sit at. I have another shot with world famous producer Phil Ramone. What a night. The producer engineer stories I heard were amazing!
That is very, very cool.

Of them all, I miss Rodeo Bar.

walter

Fourth Party
I gave Darryl Dawkins and some dude from the Yankees a ride from Bar A to their hotel a buncha years back. I was in a bar in Florida when Tiger Woods turned 21, didn't actually meet him, but he bought the bar a round and we all had a cheers moment together. I drank beers in the South River pub many moons ago with Jason Mewes. He did many shots, threw up on my friend, my friend threatened him with severe bodily harm, we were then asked to leave. I have a few more, but I'm tired and haven't had any Red Bull yet.

MMuller

oops left out Al Cooper in photo next to Vivino. The famous Kooperator that played the famous organ line on Bob Dylan electric break out song "Like a Rolling Stone" went on to produce and play too many classic tracks to list.
Sorry Al. Love look on my face "Can you believe I'm standing here?!"

TEC 3.JPG

Zaskar

Popper has gone a little off the deep end in recent years, but when things were good, it was tight.

I probably saw then over 50 times from 90 to 95. Once Popper had the motorcycle accident and Four was released it all went down hill. Those were good times while they lasted. Chan always sucked. Funny story.... My buddies own a pizza place in Dillion, Co. and Popper stops in on the way to Vail for a show. They're chatting it up and when he's about to leave my friend says, "You guys used to be my favorite band" to which Popper says "We're still good, you should check us out" I LOL every time I think of this story.

Top Bottom