Evil following M-B

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was looking into these frames at one point and decided to pass because the geo numbers make it seem like they run on the smaller side. Do you find that to be the case compared to the tallboy?
With the same fork the following has 10mm longer reach than the tallboy . I had to run 60mm stem on the TB medium as well . On the following im running 55mm stem with wider bars and it feels spot on

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i think you need a ghost writer (aka @Norm)....but solid words, w/o much fluff!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I had this one as a kid, but was completely of of skating by mid-80s so did not know what happened to him
Was looking for a mid size and thought about this one, but now no good, want a McGill
View attachment 84875
FTW, Powell started doing re issues of all those old decks. There is another company that does remakes of classic boards too.

CrankAddictRich

I had this one as a kid, but was completely of of skating by mid-80s so did not know what happened to him
Was looking for a mid size and thought about this one, but now no good, want a McGill
View attachment 84875

I had this deck too... but instead of green, it was a white colorway. There was a really good documentary about him that came out maybe 10-12 years ago. Its crazy to see how his life turned, at the height of the 80's skateboard craze, this guy was arguably better than Tony Hawk, at least his equal... some really, really bad life choices and this guy is in a prison cell for the rest of his life and Hawk is a multi-millionaire. Hosoi had some issues as well... drugs and such, but seems to have turned his life around now.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Might update my thoughts but probably not . 1degree angleset headset ordered and many fork options. I'm thinking pike ultimate rc2 at 140 with angleset should land at 66 degrees and keep bb height and seat angle in check .

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Love this bike more now than when I first got it . To date not a single creak or loose bolt . All suspension bearings still running smooth . Installed 1 degree angleset and ended up with pike rc2 set to 130 for around 66.5 head angle and 74.8 ish seat angle . My only gripe is the swingarm clearance is tight definitely no tires bigger than 2.4 but the playfulness out ways this for me .

Top Bottom