ERIE 80

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sounds pretty awesome, I'm gonna try to make it.

It does sound awesome, but keep in mind this is the date of the MTBNJ team picnic down at HPCX. Cross racing or not, this was a good time last year.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It does sound awesome, but keep in mind this is the date of the MTBNJ team picnic down at HPCX. Cross racing or not, this was a good time last year.

Ah poop. I should put that kind of stuff on my calendar. I guess I'll just jack the GPX file and check this place out sometime.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ah poop. I should put that kind of stuff on my calendar. I guess I'll just jack the GPX file and check this place out sometime.

I noticed they don't show the reg list, so it makes me wonder if nobody is signed up. Would be cool to check it out.

I mean is there really this much ST in that area?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I noticed they don't show the reg list, so it makes me wonder if nobody is signed up. Would be cool to check it out.

I think you can normally see the reg list even if there is nobody on it. Maybe there is a setting to not show the reg list publicly?

I mean is there really this much ST in that area?

It's sounds like they've just started building some ST there, but I'm sure there's tons of old woods roads and double track.

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20160331/NEWS/160339869
http://www.riverreporteronline.com/news/4302/2016/06/01/trails-open-port-jervis-park

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe there is a setting to not show the reg list publicly?

Yeah, that's an option when you set up the page, to not show who registered.

Eventually one of these Fridays will work out and we can spend the day riding woods roads and shit in random places like that.

Incidentally, this race is nowhere near Erie.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I thought that was on the 30th. Good reminder. Also considered this too.

The race is also not 80 miles. Why do people insist on using kilometers in America?

@JimN I knew some locals got together to build stuff out there. That's a huge area with potential. I'd like to check it out some time too. Let me know.

hello all, Im a trail volunteer up here in the City Watershed. I am not the creator of this race, but i do have some info and can maybe answer some questions.

The City of Port Jervis is on the Delaware River, the park overlooks NY, NJ,PA and has some pretty great views.

The Watershed property has a network of logging roads and access roads for the 3 reservoirs that feed the city, all gravity fed, so there is climbing everywhere. We have started on the Single track building, have about 15 miles cut and cleared, working on the digging aspect, have about 4 dedicated trail builders so its slow process.
West Point Military is hosting a college race there October 1, so that has been a priority finishing up the 6 mile race loop.

i dont have any info on the Bike Reg issue.

I believe the numbers represent kilometers, so the longer race is about 50 miles. There is also a trail running race the weekend before. to be sure it will be a bruiser of a 50 mile ride!

Erie represents the Erie Railroad that Port Jervis was the Depot for. one of the trails overlooks the city and the turntable and tracks from that era. It was the cities main employment and history.

Maps are being created and Kiosks are up and ready at the Main Parking areas. Eventually this will all get out to the public.
yes the goal is 50 miles of trails, and lots of single track. The city is hoping to create a Recreation destination with riding, river, hiking options. so if your looking for a new place to explore, this could be an option. also there is a craft brewery going into town so some nice apres options will be there soon.

hope this helps clarify some.

Top Bottom