Edge 1000

goodvibe

I got my edge 1000 last week and upgraded for an edge 800. So far, the display is much clearer and bigger. The thing is pretty big. The wireless upload only goes to Garmin connect and doesn't go to any other sites.

It is super easy to follow the course and the map. It is also easy to view your position because you are looking at your position on a map.

I have only had 2 road bike rides using it, so I will have a better gauge after I use it more. I just uploaded some segments and hope to try them today. I made a couple from my courses and I downloaded a few from Garmin Connect.

I will keep you updated as I use it more.

Anyone care to share their experiences with the Garmin Edge 1000?

I'm primarily interested in filling three shortcomings of my 500.

1. Wireless upload to TrainingPeaks and Strava
2. Easy to use and follow course/map (create road loops, upload race courses, etc).
3. View my position on a course elevation profile.

Thanks-

goodvibe

I will have to try the tapiriik site. I uploaded some segments today and it was pretty cool. Garmin Connect has added segments on the Modern version and I was able to upload them. Also, I was able to create my own segments on the site from some of my old tracks.

I hit one of my usual hill climbs as live segments today and it worked great. There was a countdown on the unit until I got to the segment and then a virtual partner through the length of the segment. I think that they are still working on this feature because the segments haven't updated since I created them a few days ago. It would also be good if they would play nice with the people at Strava to make the two sets of segments compatible. Regardless, the new features are pretty awesome and it made me put just a little extra effort up the hillclimbs.

goodvibe

Did my first mountain bike ride with the edge 1000 today and the maps are very detailed. The base map had all of the trails with labels with the blaze colors and icons for any structures in the park. I would highly recommend.

kush

I just returned the edge 1000. buggy piece of doo doo. Not ready for prime time. And it's big.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Did my first mountain bike ride with the edge 1000 today and the maps are very detailed. The base map had all of the trails with labels with the blaze colors and icons for any structures in the park. I would highly recommend.

Did you load the course data prior to riding? Which trail(s) did you try it out on?

Thx,

Dan

Last edited:

goodvibe

I did not load any course data prior to yesterday's ride. The place I rode was a place that is one of the many forbidden forests in Union County.

As for the bugs, I have been on 8 rides with the new unit so far and have had any issues. The New (Modern) Garmin Connect Site is not quite ready for the prime time, but the device works fine.

Did you load the course data prior to riding? Which trail(s) did you try it out on?

Thx,

Dan

Top Bottom