Eagle Rock New Signage

Blue

IMG_20170226_135923.jpg

I was in Eagle Rock today and noticed this new sign. The bike rule makes it sound like the dirt trails are open to mtb. Anyone heard any news on this?

Blue

Same here, but to my knowledge MTB has been long forbidden at Eagle Rock. Is this a sign that things have changed? (pun intended)

terrabike01

That's similar to the signs they have in South Mountain. I guess the pencil pushers in the offices at the county are clueless.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
The police have been over at Mills and along the Lenape trail near Hill Top. Ppl are parking in the lots on the weekends and the hikers are starting to complain a lot more.... i was out there Saturday and another rider asked of the cop stopped me. He was driving his truck along the rail trail.

Tarroneus

The county ordinance is pretty clear:

Bicycles confirmed to roads. No person on County property shall ride a bicycle or other vehicle on any surface other than a paved vehicular road, or on a path designated for that purpose. A bicyclist is permitted to wheel or push a bicycle by hand over any grassy area or wooded trail or on any paved area reserved for pedestrian use.

It's not a park-by-park thing, so I wouldn't assume anything.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Federally weed is illegal but some states have legalized it. So it could be one of those gray area things. Just don't get caught riding in the woods by the FBI.

Reactions: rlb

Dominos

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The police have been over at Mills and along the Lenape trail near Hill Top. Ppl are parking in the lots on the weekends and the hikers are starting to complain a lot more.... i was out there Saturday and another rider asked of the cop stopped me. He was driving his truck along the rail trail.
There was a cop ticketing riders on the rail trail?!

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not ticketing. I was told he was in his truck on the rail trail.

I wonder if the cop saw the sign that said "no motorized vehicles" at the entrance to the rail trail? According to the Essex Co. Website, "The Lenape Trail is a Sierra Club sponsored walking/biking trail that winds throughout Essex County, passing through many county and municipal parks."

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I
I wonder if the cop saw the sign that said "no motorized vehicles" at the entrance to the rail trail? According to the Essex Co. Website, "The Lenape Trail is a Sierra Club sponsored walking/biking trail that winds throughout Essex County, passing through many county and municipal parks."
I bet he was hoping to pop riders coming off those side trails. Also the off leash dogs bring a lot of heat to the trail system. On leash dogs sometimes don't take to kindly to off leash dogs

Top Bottom