Directions to Six Mile Run

if i ever catch someone shortcutting through the twisties I live leave them their with no way but to crawl out.
I found more straightening of the trails near the canal side not more than 500 from the big rock that is constantly being moved from the trail. I also found many logs removed, this has to be the time trialists trying to better their time, runners wouldnt spend time removing brush to shortcut a 25 ft bend. Maybe some barbwire or something will end up in these "new trail" variations. This kind of shit is why other parks wont allow mountainbiking. A couple of flats or clothesline of high-test fishing line and these felchers might get a clue.

STAY ON THE TRAIL

I believe you need a time out. And lots of therapy. It's public statements like this that do all the damage. You're actually making pretty serious threats. Like not just a nutjob behind a keyboard serious.

And by the way. My kids shortcut the twisties. I do as well sometimes. The crew that builds these trails does as well. That's not a crime. What you are talking about most certainly is.

if i ever catch someone shortcutting through the twisties I live leave them their with no way but to crawl out.
I found more straightening of the trails near the canal side not more than 500 from the big rock that is constantly being moved from the trail. I also found many logs removed, this has to be the time trialists trying to better their time, runners wouldnt spend time removing brush to shortcut a 25 ft bend. Maybe some barbwire or something will end up in these "new trail" variations. This kind of shit is why other parks wont allow mountainbiking. A couple of flats or clothesline of high-test fishing line and these felchers might get a clue.

STAY ON THE TRAIL

the people who arent doing anything wrong wouldnt have to worry, maybe these losers should stay on the streets

no threats

Well this is clearly over the line. Time to take a breather. Take the weekend off, and let's try this again Monday.

For the record, hikers tend to be the ones guilty of cutting trails in this manner. Park rangers have told me this before. Apparently hikers don't like to go back and forth and back and forth. They tend to want to go in a straight line and cover as much ground as possible.

Don't worry about all the shortcuts. I am about 2 weeks away from starting up my winter trail building mornings. As soon as it gets too cold to comfortably road ride in the AM I will start. I will fix all the shortcuts, ruts, etc that have formed over the summer. I will be out with the Bob trailer a few days a week setting it straight. I am also mid way through gathering materials to build a elevated boardwalk across the marsh on the blue trail. Over the last few weeks you might have noticed the 40 6 x 6's that are now 3 feet in the ground. These are for this project.

No fishing line please.

It probably will not happen, but perhaps a case can be made for putting a trail usage sign that suggests hikers / walkers / runner keep on red, and have orange for mtb. to be honest, i dont really understand why a hiker / jogger would want to use orange anyway. biking orange is a ton of fun, but i would think that hiking or jogging that trail would get annoying pretty quick. but i am not a runner.

I don't think its so unreasonable, considering they have trails that are not for biking...

All the trails in the park are multi-use. It has not always been this way.

I am also mid way through gathering materials to build a elevated boardwalk across the marsh on the blue trail. Over the last few weeks you might have noticed the 40 6 x 6's that are now 3 feet in the ground. These are for this project.

No fishing line please.

did indeed notice these should be a fun and good addition to the park thanks a lot Dude..

It probably will not happen, but perhaps a case can be made for putting a trail usage sign that suggests hikers / walkers / runner keep on red, and have orange for mtb. to be honest, i dont really understand why a hiker / jogger would want to use orange anyway. biking orange is a ton of fun, but i would think that hiking or jogging that trail would get annoying pretty quick. but i am not a runner.

I don't think its so unreasonable, considering they have trails that are not for biking...

The reason we blazed the twisties orange was to make it easy for hikers and horses to avoid the section. We know its not all that fun to walk, so its easy enough to stay off being a different color.

Banning them from it's use? Not smart. We (Jdog and I) worked long and hard to get the red trail to be legit and legal for cycling. For us to ask the park staff to ban a user group is totally against what we stand for as a group.

I think somebody is making a youtube video at this very moment... "they cuttin all the twisties... they snatchin yo people up"... "we gon find you... we gon find you"... :D

The reason we blazed the twisties orange was to make it easy for hikers and horses to avoid the section. We know its not all that fun to walk, so its easy enough to stay off being a different color.

Banning them from it's use? Not smart. We (Jdog and I) worked long and hard to get the red trail to be legit and legal for cycling. For us to ask the park staff to ban a user group is totally against what we stand for as a group.

just to clarify, i said suggest and not ban. Looks like suggesting already has been done with blazing the trail orange.

Anyone who thinks booby traps on a trail are a good idea should spend some time reading up on Marin County CA.

When this was first done I was getting confused in there thinking the orange was just faded red. Eventually figured it out though.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions