Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

jpn

I never got an answer to my question as to whether it is open.

I rode by on weds afternoon on my road bike on Canfield and did not see any closed signs at that gate.

However, until I know affirmatively whether it is open I will be sticking to the road.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I was hiding my rides on Strava for a few weeks but I gave up. That shit has been packed every day since the parks closed.

it has been nuts to buts and with people driving 40 minutes to come here idk if this will last its small enough that I wont ride here if it closes as there is nowhere to hide

kidzach

im more annoyed by the massive groups of people I have seen riding together on their Walmart bikes and then sitting in the middle of the trail looking at their phones.
Yep. That was happening also at Allamuchy North before the shut down. A place you never see a soul for 9 out of 10 rides. I guess this is the exact reason state parks were shut down. It stinks, but I do understand.

stilluf

This is a great place to ride. JORBA folks who maintain it have really done a lot to make this smaller park a showcase of MTB trails.

The park drains really well (helps to have mine shaft below trails) and present flow and tech opportunities. Took a spin on the new roughed out trail at the south end. Looks pretty good!!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I meant to post this a few weeks ago... can we get a moment of silence for the log ride that has finally rotted through? I will be holding a niterider light vigil at a later date.
1589460981114.jpeg

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was never able to ride it start to finish :(
That’s why I’m sad. I always made it to the hump where it starts to get skinnier and curve and fall off. This was going to be my year!

i was showing some friends around a couple days ago that wanted me to try it...front tire sank straight through the rot when I came over the stump. It’s mush.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions