Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

So it took less than two weeks for someone to open all the bypasses back up. I wasted 1/2 a day moving the mini-ex around but I nuked the areas and move some rocks. I really hope it isn't a mountain biker doing this nonsense. Also the one I really don't get is why someone keeps stacking the rocks, blocking the drop on the yellow trail.

Attachments

• IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1530.jpg
    IMG_1530.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 144
Good conditions today...fast and grippy. The new cut off of yellow had one big water hole tho. Didn’t ride the creek cross trail, just assumed it was muddy. Blue, White, Yellow, and Orange will be great this weekend.

They hit the section behind the mulch site again! I'm hoping third time's a charm here.

Attachments

• IMG_1584.jpg
    IMG_1584.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 124
I was in there from 4 to 5 today. Saw Jason on the little machine working on that.

Thanks for all your work in here Jason! It's kinda baffling who is doing the go arounds. I'm riding a little extra cautiously right now and there are a couple of features and sections I typically get through but I am walking or dabbing those right now.

I don't ever remember a March when the trails were this dry

I live in dover so I rode there. I think i ran into you guys on yellow.

I was wearing a red fleece on a black single speed.

I live in dover so I rode there. I think i ran into you guys on yellow.

I was wearing a red fleece on a black single speed.

Don’t think so. We were the family of 4. 2 adults 2 kids.

Oh well. I thought I saw someone with an orange and blue MTBNJ jersey but I guess not.

There were a fair amount of riders in DM today and some hikers.

With the shutdown I am especially grateful for these trails since I can ride to them. I usually in there every Saturday and Sunday usually late afternoon

I was there this afternoon with my son, but I was just wearing my black hoodie and jeans....I did run into several people tho....Jason was on the mini ex doing a nice job of making sure nobody EVER tries cutting around those two tree on the white trail again. :)

Some of the cuts on the orange are getting more and more worn in. Going around the tree to avoid the small rock ramp near the bottom. longer go-around at the rock ramp in the middle.

Some of the cuts on the orange are getting more and more worn in. Going around the tree to avoid the small rock ramp near the bottom. longer go-around at the rock ramp in the middle.
Orange is probably what frustrates me the most. It used to be a challenging trail and now I’m wondering if we should just pave it and add handrails everywhere. I would love to clean Orange up but we really want to push forward with our other projects.

Orange is probably what frustrates me the most. It used to be a challenging trail and now I’m wondering if we should just pave it and add handrails everywhere. I would love to clean Orange up but we really want to push forward with our other projects.

I'm down to help. Give me a day and time and i'll run the DW till I can't stand up.

Ok gonna toss in some objective 3rd party subjective opinion here...just go with it.

We rode DM on Sunday and I took Zac down orange. It wasn’t always obvious where the trail went. For those who have not memorized every trail in every park, this is a real thing. Same thing happened to me in Jungle the week before.

The answer isn’t always “people suck” even though it often is.

They hit the section behind the mulch site again! I'm hoping third time's a charm here.
Sounds like a trail camera is on order!

I'm sure it's out there, but where do you post TM sessions? Asking for a friend...

Last edited:
Ok gonna toss in some objective 3rd party subjective opinion here...just go with it.

We rode DM on Sunday and I took Zac down orange. It wasn’t always obvious where the trail went. For those who have not memorized every trail in every park, this is a real thing. Same thing happened to me in Jungle the week before.

The bypass mentioned towards the bottom is so worn in you would think it is the trail. It got me on Saturday. Only after taking it did I think "that didn't feel right" and looked back to see the rock ramp I should have taken... so I get this.

That's true. The trail gets filled in with leaves and is hard to follow in spots even when you know it. Consequences of cutting a trail into a hillside.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions