Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

MarioGed

Large tree and debris on the Creek trail about midpoint. Chainsaw needed.
3 large trees on the Creek trail are still there. There is also a large tree down on the Ferromonte trail going towards Canfield Ave on the uphill just past a little stream.
1669046246337.png

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
3 large trees on the Creek trail are still there. There is also a large tree down on the Ferromonte trail going towards Canfield Ave on the uphill just past a little stream.
View attachment 200755
Anyone take care of these yet? I might try to get out there this afternoon or tomorrow and see what i can do with a hand saw

3MTA3

Anyone take care of these yet? I might try to get out there this afternoon or tomorrow and see what i can do with a hand saw
Let me know if you made it out there. I was hoping to get out there in the next couple of days with a chainsaw.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Let me know if you made it out there. I was hoping to get out there in the next couple of days with a chainsaw.
I got my workout in today! Did best I could as 1 guy with a hand saw. It's passable but there's a logover that's pretty doable. Before/middle/after.
20221125_140621.jpg

20221125_152232.jpg
20221125_163311.jpg

One on the school trail is still there. Too big and dead for me to mess with.

I also raked out the low side of any drainages/streams I passed.

Last edited:

MarioGed

3MTA3

I got my workout in today! Did best I could as 1 guy with a hand saw. It's passable but there's a logover that's pretty doable. Before/middle/after.
View attachment 201002
View attachment 201003View attachment 201004
One on the school trail is still there. Too big and dead for me to mess with.

I also raked out the low side of any drainages/streams I passed.
Thanks George! I was able to finish up and also clear the one on the trail up to Canfield.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Other than some standing water on the 3rd berm on Marty’s, park is in great shape. The rain yesterday didn’t affect the trail surface. Nice job Clearing the multi blowdown on Creek. There is now, however, another big one about 20 yards away.

Jeb

Hi folks! We indeed will be spending a few days showing the Marty's trail some love. The inital plan was to head straight to some drainage issues, but I couldn't resist replacing a few logs with fresh dirt along the way.

I don't intend to nerf any fun rocks or features, just to add some dirt here and there to make them ride better. If there are any weird rocks that you hold particularly sacred, speak pretty soonish or forever hold your peace!

Attachments

• 20221129_112828.jpg
    20221129_112828.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 20221129_131223.jpg
    20221129_131223.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 20221201_142401.jpg
    20221201_142401.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 90

TommyF

Well there is one rock I kind of hold sacred, it's after the 1/2 way point, two switchbacks down, on level ground, after going through a few trees, it's on the right. It's a perfect platform to launch the bike over and gets you a good 3-4 feet in the air. I think it rides / jumps great, as do some others I'm sure. Love the work that's happening on that trail, it's much appreciated !!

I also heard that the "other work" that was done a short while ago was being approved????? That should be fun !!!

Jeb

Well there is one rock I kind of hold sacred, it's after the 1/2 way point, two switchbacks down, on level ground, after going through a few trees, it's on the right. It's a perfect platform to launch the bike over and gets you a good 3-4 feet in the air. I think it rides / jumps great, as do some others I'm sure. Love the work that's happening on that trail, it's much appreciated !!

I also heard that the "other work" that was done a short while ago was being approved????? That should be fun !!!

Noted! The only rocks we've removed are a few sharkfins in the ride line toward the top. Anything launchable, we just reinforced.

In any event, I'm heading straight to the berms next week to aid in their drainage, so the rest will remain as it is for now.

With the intermittent rain and daily freezethaw/frostheave, I realize this trail work will be soft in the afternoons until it freezes for the winter. It's not the most optimal conditions for adding a lot of damp clay the trail, but conversely, doing it when you have an excavator is always more optimal than waiting next season to do it by hand!

Attachments

• 20221202_121518.jpg
    20221202_121518.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 20221202_160301.jpg
    20221202_160301.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 73

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions