Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Agree, trails were great on sunday. Passed a couple on a Ventana tandem fatbike which was very cool. What's with the no swimming at Mine Hill Beach? Was hoping to take a dip after a hot ride but decided against it with all the signs.

Robin

Agree, trails were great on sunday. Passed a couple on a Ventana tandem fatbike which was very cool. What's with the no swimming at Mine Hill Beach? Was hoping to take a dip after a hot ride but decided against it with all the signs.
Not sure if it has to do with the two people that drowned last week.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
They only ever permitted swimming at the beach area but that remains closed again this year because the town couldn't hire lifeguards. With the drownings, I would anticipate more police patrols around the lake.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Was not aware of the drownings, that's really sad. And it's summer and there are highschoolers and college kids looking to make some beer money and get their tan on, they really couldn't find any lifeguards?

goldsbar

The adjoining Randolph Lake is open, but I believe they had a hard time hiring kids as well. Non-residents excluded if it gets too crowded.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Was not aware of the drownings, that's really sad. And it's summer and there are highschoolers and college kids looking to make some beer money and get their tan on, they really couldn't find any lifeguards?
I know I saw in the town council meeting minutes from many months ago that they started the search for lifeguards. I don't know if it's so much that they aren't available vs not willing to work for the offered pay. They didn't open last year either.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Same problem out in PA at LSP. Pool is closed for entire summer because they can’t find lifeguards. My local landscaper said the big distribution centers (Amazon etc) are paying significantly more with better hours and benefits and he has lost much of his summer labor force because of that.

kaitlyn

Hey, did Beach trail get nerfed? It seems like there are a lot fewer rocks on it, and I just clocked my fastest time going dh.
Oh, conditions are perfect. Go ride.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Three blowdowns at DM today. X marks the spot. Chainsaws required.
43987942-00A4-4DAD-84D8-52975F633D3F.jpeg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I rode there last night for the first time in 4 years and didn't lose the trail once 😜

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions