Deer Park ride Sun 12/2

Off The Road Again

Anyone up for a ride at Deer Park this coming Sunday? I know the park real well and am surprised I don't know the Rogue trail!!:( So- I'm looking forward to finding that trail and check it out!:)
Plan to start riding at 9:00a.m. from first lot. Start time can be changed as I'm free all day so let me know what time works best and I'll be there.

I know someone has been busting his ass in there but I don't know if he got to rouge yet. My wife rode in there just after the storm and said it was done, that so many huge trees are down. Maybe that person can state the facts...

The rogue was never that bad even right after the storm. The orange trail right at the intersection of rogue has multiple massive trees down that I doubt the busy one has bothered to mess with. Even with those trees down its still in pretty good shape overall.

Rode there last friday and rogue was not to bad, a few trees down. one is just before creek so you have to walk creek now.When we came up orange and made a left there were alot of trees down on way to lake. Overall still not to bad.
___________-
Willy

Rode here Thanksgiving and it was pretty sweet, There still are trees down.. but Special Forces have been in there remediating the situation...
Mucho thanks for all the selfless work!

I was in there this past Sunday. A big thank you to that tireless beaver who has been working on the trails.

The white (outer loop) up to the lake is 99% clear with 3 large trees that have not been touched. The white from lake back to fire road has 3 more trees down.

As Willy stated, the rogue is pretty clear with the exception of 2 large trees right before the stream crossing and the rogue/orange intersection needs a lot of love. There are a few trails I have yet to explore, but there is a solid loop in there.

Oh yeah....I may be up for joining you. Will keep you posted later in the week.

Last edited:
I was told this beaver is the size of Sasquatch. Rumor has it he would just stare at the big oaks and they would fly off the trail. True story.

I might be down for this depending on how much snow melts. Planned on Wildcat for sunday but that might be a little TOO much fun snow covered. :D Deer Park would be fine a little snowy.

Steering a weather dependent course for now.

I was told this beaver is the size of Sasquatch. Rumor has it he would just stare at the big oaks and they would fly off the trail. True story.

100% true... I've seen it! Can't make this stuff up folks... how legends are made.
:getsome:

Anyone up for a ride at Deer Park this coming Sunday? I know the park real well and am surprised I don't know the Rogue trail!!:( So- I'm looking forward to finding that trail and check it out!:)
Plan to start riding at 9:00a.m. from first lot. Start time can be changed as I'm free all day so let me know what time works best and I'll be there.

Is this Rogue trail the same one we were on w/Pedals & skiphreak at last year's JORBAfest? That was great!

It was in fact Vboy as I helped hand pick that route for her including the stuff above the parking lot. I may do this Sunday and make it over to lower SSP too.

i am interested in cycling deer park. sundays are great as i believe in nj there is no hunting on sundays except wma ie wild cat. like vb said please list it with btcnj so i don't forget about your ride and end up on another nyack ride:cry:

Would this ride be considered a "beginner" ride? I'm new to mountain biking (first year) and have never been to Deer Park, but have heard that it is beginner friendly. I'd like to join the ride but that all depends if my sore shoulder is feeling better by then (I crashed going too fast through the mud at 6 Mile this past weekend). Also, I have the JORBA map of Deer Park and was wondering where you all plan to meet. Would you meet at the first parking lot on Deer Park Road, just off of Route 517? If you meet at 9AM how long do you plan to ride for? Is anyone interested in making the start time a bit later in the morning?

Is this Rogue trail the same one we were on w/Pedals & skiphreak at last year's JORBAfest? That was great!

I was on the intermediate ride that Patty and Robin hosted and I recall that it was decided to not take the rogue trail and to stick to the blazed trails being that it was a JORBA sponsored ride.

Back
Top Bottom