Deer Park Conditions

R grate

It's the state park road, owners live off it half way through. State has had a pile of fill sitting in parking lot now for about 2-3 years without touching it. Meanwhile there are 2 huge craters right before the lot. I have had intention of filling myself if life wasnt so busy.
I always wanted to buy the house as you come in and on your left . I love that area back there .its Kind of like you not in jersey ish

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
It's the state park road, owners live off it half way through. State has had a pile of fill sitting in parking lot now for about 2-3 years without touching it. Meanwhile there are 2 huge craters right before the lot. I have had intention of filling myself if life wasnt so busy.

Want to bring two wheel barrows and we can knock it out in a few weeks?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I think these new owners in that house are the fuel to the angst.

We bought our house not knowing our house was the bus stop so kids would lean on my project car at the time while waiting for the bus when it snowed. I was annoyed but after talking to them I left a shovel down their so they can get off the road and I clear the rest of it out so they can sit on the retaining wall. If you ever get a park bench on a job to dump lmk so I can bring it down there.

People need to realize when you buy a place you buy what ever the relationships or relationshits come with it.

Fat Trout

Assuming the state plows the road currently....it would be kind of fun if they stopped plowing. Careful what you wish for.

R grate

Matt just let max the governor of .Max town , handle it with wheelbarrow im
Sure he can figure it our

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Matt just let max the governor of .Max town , handle it with wheelbarrow im
Sure he can figure it our

I'm going to end up filling those ruts with the body of the car's owner who is blocking access, no one will find the body... tbh there are a lot of places you could dump a body. If I had to that one spot on trestle trail where there is that deep ditch... yeah thats where I'd dump a body. No one would find you it... the body..

canadensis

State park police HQ (609) 292-4744 just told me the road is reopened, the homeowner at the end on the left that was blocking and putting signs the "PARK CLOSED" is "being addressed", they said staff is a bit tight during the holiday week but the road is definitely ok to travel for park users.

SmooveP

I think these new owners in that house are the fuel to the angst.
Maybe they'll get fed up and sell it. I toured it with the realtor a few years ago when it was on the market. Needed some work and the taxes were high, but it was pretty cool overall. It's actually 2 houses connected by the garage with something like 15 acres of wooded land and it would probably take at least 5 years for me to get bored with riding all of the Mooch options.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So Patty went in today and right at the beginning of the road is a sign road closed.
Then almost every tree has no trespassing, private drive and road closed signs all the way back with a sign like the one posted above park closed. Ignore these signs and any in road throw to the side, run them over or steal them ?.

I am affraid that this guy may start booby trapping or something stupid.

I think we need to have a good old big ass group ride party.

Yes I can always use another access but until they get this worked out. But this guy hasn't a leg to stand on. His property is land locked with only access on a state park road. 30 years of coming to the park and this is a first time. He is just gonna have to assume the position and realize what he bought into.

canadensis

Thanks for the update! Just what the park service needs, a bunch of bs to deal with in a severely underfunded state forest. Really thoughtful to make the hunters hike up orange, too.
We have absolutely no reason to take the dog for a walk there tomorrow but will definitely be doing that ?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
So Patty went in today and right at the beginning of the road is a sign road closed.
Then almost every tree has no trespassing, private drive and road closed signs all the way back with a sign like the one posted above park closed. Ignore these signs and any in road throw to the side, run them over or steal them ?.

I am affraid that this guy may start booby trapping or something stupid.

I think we need to have a good old big ass group ride party.

Yes I can always use another access but until they get this worked out. But this guy hasn't a leg to stand on. His property is land locked with only access on a state park road. 30 years of coming to the park and this is a first time. He is just gonna have to assume the position and realize what he bought into.

Free signs?

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Rode today from the mansion. Big loop around the perimeter. Trails were in great shape other than the handful of usual wet spots. We cut out a ton of bent down limbs blocking the trail other than one nasty tangle that was too much for the pack saws.
A7418528-F5DE-4C3E-8AB3-7A13B2786B78.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom