Cushetunk Mt Preserve Conditions

TomS887

started at Cush lot this morning and rode out/down Puke Hill and back on the campground road. The trails were the most wet/moist I've seen. Not terrible, but definitely soft with some greasy sections. Overall not bad...some ice spots on the ridge and along campground road. Quite a few hikers and the parking lot was full with some parking across RR tracks.
I rode it this afternoon, from the dam to water trail to Cushetunk to the camp ground road to blue to yellow to the lot. Most of cush was great, except from the pond to the bottom of puke hill. Far from terrible, I remember seeing it a swamp there in past, but today was just a little squishy in places. Best to avoid for a few more days so it doesn’t get blown out.
The yellow trail in the preserve near the lot was probably the worst.

Kudos to the park or volunteers who fixed much of the Ida/old erosion along the trails, especially around the power lines.
EEB6AE91-AB52-44BA-B428-5B61C15A6066.jpeg

38BBA74B-0617-479F-9FA1-069BA147B724.jpeg

Robin

Posted on RV thread too ..

Just did a loop from Cushetunk to Puke Hill. Conditions are primo. Two trees down near telephone.

Robin

Muddy spot where yellow and white split (climbing out of Cush lot). Camp road was wet. Puke Hill and trail back were in great shape - thanks for clipping the brush!! Rocks were a bit slick on bottom but overall, RV never disappoints!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Muddy spot where yellow and white split (climbing out of Cush lot). Camp road was wet. Puke Hill and trail back were in great shape - thanks for clipping the brush!! Rocks were a bit slick on bottom but overall, RV never disappoints!

That log had rotted out, and the water comes down the trail instead of shedding off.
I worked on it a bit - but more to do.

1TrackMind

A little slippery this am on the wet rocks and leaves, but overall nice shape. A few trees down, one early in the Z climb, then a few down further up past the payphone. I will plan to bring my handsaw on next outing. Glad I didn’t take the leap of faith over this, because there was nothing built up on the backside.

Attachments

• DF94CE39-89B6-418B-9D22-5B2728288F06.jpeg
    DF94CE39-89B6-418B-9D22-5B2728288F06.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 98

Patrick

Staff member
All good from the Cush lot up to the saddle.

The part of blue nobody rides has a couple trees that need to be cleared.
I took the "potential new way" to the top, and it has a couple of items to be addressed.
Also found a trail cam up there. I'll email the people I know in Readington.

Robin

Attempted to post photos to TF. Three trees down along my ride...all need saws.

One down at start of blue from intersection of yellow.

Two down on red/cushetunk trail. One is toward intersection to camp road and start of gnar climb. The other is 1/2 up/down long red climb.

Growth isnt too bad on what I rode.

Patrick

Staff member
Attempted to post photos to TF. Three trees down along my ride...all need saws.

One down at start of blue from intersection of yellow.

Two down on red/cushetunk trail. One is toward intersection to camp road and start of gnar climb. The other is 1/2 up/down long red climb.

Growth isnt too bad on what I rode.

was going to sweep through this week. thanks.

rick81721

Lothar
Anyone know what this is? My son hikes there frequently and took these a few hours ago. Looks like some kind of mineral

1000003837.jpg

1000003839.jpg

1000003838.jpg

1000003840.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions