Cushetunk Mt Preserve Conditions

As expected, conditions were perfect today. Trails are matted down and easier to follow. Lots of hikers - Cush lot packed and forced to park across tracks but quiet once on trails.

nice crown collection today!
And good trail memory! Did you ride the rocks up on the ridge?

May ride here tomorrow morning 12/20 think it will be good to go? Id like to really check Nassau trails out but not sure how it is there too.

May ride here tomorrow morning 12/20 think it will be good to go? Id like to really check Nassau trails out but not sure how it is there too.

Trails were mint the other day - the only mud was right out of the parking lot/along the power line easement. Nassau is similar to 6-Mile - I'd avoid until the next solid days of frozen temps.

Conditions are still holding quite nice.

@Patrick - the White trail is blocked off and shuttles you to climb yellow all the way up to the blue intersection. I was going to re-open it/move the debris but didn't know if it was put there for a reason.

also, log down/across the red climbing out from eagle intersection.

White trail is blocked off

We went through those sticks, i was assuming the trail was impassable at some point, but it was clear.
Next person through can move them out of the way - it did seem like someone cleared the path up to the old home
in there.

There is a treetop hanging in the trail on upper yellow - will get that soon.

Trails are in good shape - a little slick with the temp change today, but not bad.

Rode Cush from pickell park with @jklett today. One soft spot in Pickell where the sticks need to be removed so the water can drain.

power line had a few wet/mud spots. Can ride the high side of them. Trails were clear and dry in the woods.

We did see someone in there on a skinny tire bike. He didn’t look happy!

Rode Cush from pickell park with @jklett today. One soft spot in Pickell where the sticks need to be removed so the water can drain.

power line had a few wet/mud spots. Can ride the high side of them. Trails were clear and dry in the woods.

We did see someone in there on a skinny tire bike. He didn’t look happy!
Come on, nobody looks happy at RV, you know that. ?

PS. Why the hell were you riding there today?

I don't know what y'all are talking about. Besides a couple of soul sucking climbs there's a lot of fun to be had there.

I agree with @jklett, I think the park is under appreciated, I like that in a fairly short ride you can get some good climbs, a few rock gardens, and some fun downhill sections. In an hour, you get practice on most aspects of mountain biking and leave a better rider.

When I first rode here a few weeks back, this was the conversation to myself:

"Oh, this place is great!"
".....I hate this place....."
"Oh, this is fun!"
"......Why did I come here.....?"
"Ahhh, this is a nice downhill break"
"Where the hell am I?!?"
"How the f#ck do I get out of here?!?"
"I think I would come back..." <---- After repeatedly getting lost...

@Paul H - now that your cadence is above 40, the climbs might be easier!

the biggest issue I've seen is that riders go into cush, and go straight up. The Zee climb is the way to go.
It is still tough, but nothing compared to walking the bike up white (either side) - The climbing is extended on the RV side, but the DHs are fun, wide-open so you can see people/obstacles. The switchback climb at the south dam is tough - but there are places to restart if getting off the bike is necessary.

Besides, we need to take @JimN out there to join the Cush HOF.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions