Critique my bike storage

Are these the first world problems I can look forward to if I retire and move to FL?
No, this is.

tru.jpeg

Are these the first world problems I can look forward to if I retire and move to FL?
BTW, my bikes I lift over my head but the kayak has the pully system:
And to make it easier I went with the H-F hoist:

Yep no basement and no attic. Storage is at a premium

IF I shared my garage I think you would all need a therapist.

RT, if you remove the front wheel of your bikes and hang the bikes by the toptube on the side walls it would take up less space and not a PITA to get down as opposed to ceiling hung.
No way in hell I can store bikes in my garage - that's where the cars are.

Bikes are stored in my living room using a similar system as stb222 posted. Gladiator slat board at two levels and hooks. Mtn bikes are typically stored by the fork axles (main reason I'm a fan of QR thru-axles). I live alone, so I don't have to care about what anyone thinks about bikes in the living room.

I decided to bite the bullet and get one of the Stashed ceiling mount racks. It's definitely very nice. As for worth the money...it depends. I use my 22x22 garage for a lot of different things and I really value floor space and also the ability to easily move things depending on what I'm working on. From this standpoint, yes, it's worth it to me but if I had extra space I'd definitely just get one of the simpler/cheaper options. Longer term I need to get rid of most of this scrap material but this is what it looks like currently with the 5 bike setup.

1000002111.jpg

1000002110.jpg

I decided to bite the bullet and get one of the Stashed ceiling mount racks. It's definitely very nice. As for worth the money...it depends. I use my 22x22 garage for a lot of different things and I really value floor space and also the ability to easily move things depending on what I'm working on. From this standpoint, yes, it's worth it to me but if I had extra space I'd definitely just get one of the simpler/cheaper options. Longer term I need to get rid of most of this scrap material but this is what it looks like currently with the 5 bike setup.

View attachment 230994
View attachment 230995
How much did that setup end up costing?

~$500. It's a couple of aluminum extrusions, some plastic parts and some fasteners. Everything is really well made and operates very smoothly but the price is still pretty hard to stomach.
Wifey got me two of these (she knows more bikes are always comin) they give ya a little off if buyin more than one...

~$500. It's a couple of aluminum extrusions, some plastic parts and some fasteners. Everything is really well made and operates very smoothly but the price is still pretty hard to stomach.
I was considering this as well but price was keeping me from pulling the trigger. Saw that 1up has a similar system but maybe not as well made. Think I may give it a try.

View attachment 230994
View attachment 230995
This setup is hard to beat. Hrs to fit as many bikes in this small foot print otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom