Commuting

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
so, another tale from the Hudson River Greenway this morning...

right near the 39th street ferry terminal, i see a electric minibike dude flying going southbound...i was travelling north...

i get to around 40th or 41st street where i spot two park police officers, who, if anyone rides the Greenway regularly, you know who i'm talking about. one of them is a shorter statured woman, who has been known to ticket bicylclists at that same intersection for not stopping at the red lights there.

well, i go up to her and her partner and ask, "did you guys see that dude on a minibike?!"

they respond, yes, "but what are we supposed to do?"

i'm like, "so, you ticket bicycles for safely crossing a red light, but you don't ticket that dude?"

they respond, "how are we supposed to catch him?"...they ask this, when their mini park police car is RIGHT BEHIND them...

you cannot make this stuff up...the battle against bikes rages on...
Spike strips not an option?

THATmanMANNY

along the hudson river park bike path... they really need some flashing lights at the bollards or repaint them from stainless to hi viz
Another cyclist smashed right into it. Probably my third time witnessing something like this this year.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This maybe a thing again for me.
I have turned down 3 offers to come back to mickey mouse club aka ABC tv but just got a 4th call and leaning towards it as the new CBA may have a new work time that fits better to my drive part. All I can think about is fort lee hill on the SS, ugh...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I have turned down 3 offers to come back to mickey mouse club aka ABC tv but just got a 4th call and leaning towards it as the new CBA may have a new work time that fits better to my drive part. All I can think about is fort lee hill on the SS, ugh...

yuck.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Selfishly glad to hear this might be an option.
And there are places to park to flatten out Ft Lee,
and you can even avoid the Lighthouse climb.

THATmanMANNY

I parked at new Overpeck when I was driving and riding gwb. No issues.
A real E bikes is awesome for fort lee...

OTOH, a lady on a e scooter ate it today. Just because you can buy or get on any e powered ride doesn't mean you should. The speed plus the unpredictability of the humans pedestrians, cyclist, scooterers? in the lawless paths of the hudson river is not a good recipe.

THATmanMANNY

Might as well
3473736B-7986-4598-B477-D503B4582A77.jpeg

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
$50 off annual Citibike memberships through the weekend

For a limited time, save $50 when you buy a Citi Bike® Annual Membership.
With 365 days of unlimited 45-minute bike rides, it’s the gift that takes them wherever they want to go.
Don’t miss out on the biggest deal of the year! Enter code SAVE50 at checkout.
Good through 12/2.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Citibike has re-launched the new and improved Cit-E-Bikes:

Your hustle’s
back, NYC

Yep: Our new-and-improved ebikes start rolling out today — and we’ll keep growing our fleet in the coming months. Just look for stations with the ⚡ (lightning bolt) symbol in the app.

Ebike pricing summary

• Annual Members will pay an extra $0.10/minute for ebikes, capped at $2 for rides 45 minutes or less that start or end outside Manhattan.
  • Non-Members will pay $0.15/minute.
  • Reduced Fare Bike Share Members will pay $0.05/minute, capped at $2 for rides 45 minutes or less that start or end outside Manhattan.

@MadisonDan care to provide a review of the new machines?

Patrick

Staff member

Patrick

Staff member
Damn @Patrick do you have a brain hookup to the server? It was 4am

Went to bed at 10:00 then couldn't sleep at 3:30 (after i peed for the second time) - decided i'd check out the leonids, and looked through my news feed.
checked a few other things. internet is fast at that time of the morning!

pygmypony

welp, working from home for past 20 months has been a blast but...i'm back to commuting to NYC...

i've been in the office 3 times in the past 4 weeks...

i've taken a different approach to my old Bike to NJTranshit to PATH to Citibike route, and have been doing Bike to Staten Island Ferry to Bike instead.

it's a FREE commute, and has been fun AF!

that is all...

here's some pics

1636555849274.png

1636555880271.png

1636555930680.png

1636555913540.png

1636555958777.png

Top Bottom