Commuting

The whole point of this exercise is to see how long this bike survives, right?

How does this story not get to the word “inevitable” sooner or later?
I actually like his odds.
Have something that looks like it’s worth $200, and lock it up like it’s north of $3k, I think he gets to keep it.
Plus he’s got a good spot.
Only seen 1 chain cut there in almost 5 years.

Locking it up streetside though?
Yeah, that’s asking for the inevitable.

@pygmypony
Ebike incident: was the prick who passed young, sunglasses, spikey hair, no helmet, and white? If you are on the greenway around 8:30am he is not hard to miss.

@Paul H
What pedals you have on the ride? Can you recommend them. They look cool. I could use some new pedals...

My cube neighbor is a sticker phile he will makes stickers for fun. He will sticker the shit out of anything.

@pygmypony
Ebike incident: was the prick who passed young, sunglasses, spikey hair, no helmet, and white? If you are on the greenway around 8:30am he is not hard to miss.

@Paul H
What pedals you have on the ride? Can you recommend them. They look cool. I could use some new pedals...

My cube neighbor is a sticker phile he will makes stickers for fun. He will sticker the shit out of anything.
Some cheap pedals I got off Amazon
For a commuter... it's fine I guess but they are heavy and prolly would not recommend on your mtb. But looks like they are not available now.
Screenshot_20190518-085408.png

@pygmypony

@Paul H

sorry i can’t remember what the dude looked like exactly...but definitely young and no helmet and white, so very good chance it’s the same dude

was out on pier 94 this weekend... I would be pissed off if I had to ride the green way every day because of the stop/go..... side note, lots of nice booji bikes out there.

was out on pier 94 this weekend... I would be pissed off if I had to ride the green way every day because of the stop/go..... side note, lots of nice booji bikes out there.
riding early in the morning is the best...a sunny afternoon, especially thursday or friday, and it's terrible...but still better than dealing with cars...

dawn patrol or not worth the trouble IMO
getting over one of the bridges to Brooklyn is even worse, and the tourists aren't in full swing yet

ebell - Can neither confirm nor deny

Well, if it was that boy... high possibility since I haven't seen in a few weeks... he totally deserves it but not the other guy he hurt. I don't wish ill will on anyone but that guy is a danger to society and needed a lesson. He probably goes 30mph easy, full throttle, no pedaling, weaving, no helmet, music blasting. Straight Fred-ish.

Last edited:
so, another tale from the Hudson River Greenway this morning...

right near the 39th street ferry terminal, i see a electric minibike dude flying going southbound...i was travelling north...

i get to around 40th or 41st street where i spot two park police officers, who, if anyone rides the Greenway regularly, you know who i'm talking about. one of them is a shorter statured woman, who has been known to ticket bicylclists at that same intersection for not stopping at the red lights there.

well, i go up to her and her partner and ask, "did you guys see that dude on a minibike?!"

they respond, yes, "but what are we supposed to do?"

i'm like, "so, you ticket bicycles for safely crossing a red light, but you don't ticket that dude?"

they respond, "how are we supposed to catch him?"...they ask this, when their mini park police car is RIGHT BEHIND them...

you cannot make this stuff up...the battle against bikes rages on...

https://wtkr.com/2019/06/26/virginia-cyclist-fatally-struck-by-delivery-truck-in-nyc/amp/

Pretty sure you guys heard about this?
The reason I'm putting this here is....
This cyclist died apparently because she was splitting lanes and was deemed an accident. I read this article this morning but regardless, I was splitting lanes on 8th ave on my commute just now. What's worse was I was trying to out run a Suburban. I really gotta stop being so stupid.

https://wtkr.com/2019/06/26/virginia-cyclist-fatally-struck-by-delivery-truck-in-nyc/amp/

Pretty sure you guys heard about this?
The reason I'm putting this here is....
This cyclist died apparently because she was splitting lanes and was deemed an accident. I read this article this morning but regardless, I was splitting lanes on 8th ave on my commute just now. What's worse was I was trying to out run a Suburban. I really gotta stop being so stupid.
Stupid is as stupid does...

Citibike- or is it?!?
F2896223-1DFF-49C3-BE37-7E501344821F.jpeg

So someone got theyselves a new bike.
I think I saw it when they had just ripped off all the decals.
Now they done stealthed it.

They don’t even lock it up.
Bold.

so, another tale from the Hudson River Greenway this morning...

right near the 39th street ferry terminal, i see a electric minibike dude flying going southbound...i was travelling north...

i get to around 40th or 41st street where i spot two park police officers, who, if anyone rides the Greenway regularly, you know who i'm talking about. one of them is a shorter statured woman, who has been known to ticket bicylclists at that same intersection for not stopping at the red lights there.

well, i go up to her and her partner and ask, "did you guys see that dude on a minibike?!"

they respond, yes, "but what are we supposed to do?"

i'm like, "so, you ticket bicycles for safely crossing a red light, but you don't ticket that dude?"

they respond, "how are we supposed to catch him?"...they ask this, when their mini park police car is RIGHT BEHIND them...

you cannot make this stuff up...the battle against bikes rages on...
One, one way street and they are gone.

Back
Top Bottom