Commencal Meta 29 Trail vs SC Tallboy 3 or ?????

Y’all are sleepin on Commencal, smh. Look at the spec on the race edition for $3499. Super Delux rear, Pike front, Eagle, DUB crankset, SPANK WHEELESET. Come on. That thing will show up at your door ready to party.
I would give on gx/nx drivetrain and 17mm more of dwlink over a single pivot. Throw in top self DVO suspension for 500 Bill's less. Jury is out both come in at the same weight.

When they go on sale when the new models roll out they have some real sore dick deals, I think I've seen 700 off 3300 dollar bikes. How is there service network since you're so high on them?
From what I hear really good. I’ve never really had to deal with them. I’ve emailed stupid questions before like spoke lengths and pivot torque and they responded immediately so there’s that...

I would give on gx/nx drivetrain and 17mm more of dwlink over a single pivot. Throw in top self DVO suspension for 500 Bill's less. Jury is out both come in at the same weight.

I'm like 90% on getting this bike. Even though it's way overkill for hartshorne, it supposedly climbs great which is one of my main criteria. I also live pretty close to belmar bikes, which makes ordering and dealing with service/warranty issues easy. It's a crushing deal at 3k.

It does sound like a fun bike. Is this the first aluminum frame they’ve put out?

I'm like 90% on getting this bike. Even though it's way overkill for hartshorne, it supposedly climbs great which is one of my main criteria. I also live pretty close to belmar bikes, which makes ordering and dealing with service/warranty issues easy. It's a crushing deal at 3k.
The washed out downhills at harts are insanely fun on an enduro....

It does sound like a fun bike. Is this the first aluminum frame they’ve put out?
Heck no he used to build steel aluminum and ti. Hes been doing this since early 80s.
IIRC the Ripley is been around 20 years with different variations.

How is there service network since you're so high on them
I've had a commencal and spec , performance, price ratio is really hands down the best . This was a few years back and had a couple warranty issues that fell through the cracks and took months to resolve. Eventually my shock and seatpost were replaced but I think it took 6 months of emails and phone calls . In this case that ripmo af is a sick build and if you can buy one locally you'll be covered incase life happens

This was a few years back and had a couple warranty issues that fell through the cracks and took months to resolve.
Was this before they were really in the US? I heard people used to wait months for things like a DR hanger back when everything came from Canada. They have shops in Cali and Colorado now, I’ve ordered bearings and had them same week. Never had to go through warranty process tho...

I've had a commencal and spec , performance, price ratio is really hands down the best . This was a few years back and had a couple warranty issues that fell through the cracks and took months to resolve. Eventually my shock and seatpost were replaced but I think it took 6 months of emails and phone calls . In this case that ripmo af is a sick build and if you can buy one locally you'll be covered incase life happens

The Meta tr has my eye since the am is too much bike for not going to park ever. 2k and I'll just swap parts with my ht if I don't like it on the meta but I'm sitting on my hands to see what happens with work and I just got my new bike going in feb

Was this before they were really in the US? I heard people used to wait months for things like a DR hanger back when everything came from Canada. They have shops in Cali and Colorado now, I’ve ordered bearings and had them same week. Never had to go through warranty process tho...
They were in California at the time .

Sean, everyone has their favorites. Mine are bikes with the DW link as they are so efficient and stay higher in the travel. If I could do it over again would have chosen the Ripmo over the Hightower. Don’t get me wrong, the Hightower is plush, handles great and is stable. I just like DW link bikes better. People sometimes get caught up on weight. My take on that is if the suspension is efficient, then weight is less important. Enjoy what ever bike you chose. Post a pic once you get it.

Sean, everyone has their favorites. Mine are bikes with the DW link as they are so efficient and stay higher in the travel. If I could do it over again would have chosen the Ripmo over the Hightower. Don’t get me wrong, the Hightower is plush, handles great and is stable. I just like DW link bikes better. People sometimes get caught up on weight. My take on that is if the suspension is efficient, then weight is less important. Enjoy what ever bike you chose. Post a pic once you get it.
On weight...unless you already have a chiseled body and don't have any extra weight to shave off it's probably cheaper and betterer to loose a few pounds of fat than limit your choices in terms of the bike you want. That said I haven't really been able to live up to that in a permanent way...sigh!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses. Just to note, I am not worried about the weight of the bike unless its a real pig over 35lbs. Oddly enough, I was just offered a NOS RIP9 RDO with XT and a Fox 36 for $3500. I just again worry about warranty and customer service with Niner. Anyone hear anything new about Niner?

For all you post sitters

Ripmo AF are impossible to find.
Online stores are middle July to August
Shops within 200 miles are out.
1 shop had a large and medium
Large is spoken for :)
Im a bit further out on my pulling the trigger. Kind of hoping they announce an aluminum ripley this fall. ;)

Back
Top Bottom