Columbia Trail Conditions

scatterbrains

Has anyone rode columbia trail this year?
I was going to ride it but someone has told me you cant do the whole trail.

I would like to ride HB to end and back.

Thanks for any insight :)

icolquhoun

again,night ride end-to end last night.....soupy, gritty icy postholed MESSSSSS

if you want to chafe your leghair off with gritty cement-like mud wedged in between you chamois and delicate bits, ride here during the next week......

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hit the CT from High Bridge to Chester (or wherever it ends, Bartley maybe?)

Surface was wet, some standing water in places, snow in the shade through the gorge.
All the trees have been cleared, so all good there.
i'd give it a 2. needs to dry a bit more.

Patrick

Staff member
What can we expect for tomorrow?

mush - rideable mush.
put on a mud guard and go for it. not going to hurt the cinder, unless you ride a cx bike.
even then, it will heal.

caveat: if temps go real low tonight, it will be a bunch of frozen footprints.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
mush - rideable mush.
put on a mud guard and go for it. not going to hurt the cinder, unless you ride a cx bike.
even then, it will heal.

caveat: if temps go real low tonight, it will be a bunch of frozen footprints.
So no CX bike? Ride mtb?

HiFiGuy

Road from Bartley road to Califon train station today. First 4 miles was snowy, then a few miles of wet before it dried out.

Patrick

Staff member
High Bridge to Middlebrook rd - some soft spots/standing water, nothing to stop ya - except 1000 people and their dogs!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
a couple - i wouldn't really try to drill it on the weekend.
rode the fatbike, so the wheel noise usually gets people's attention. As in, wtf is coming up behind me?
Call me drill sergeant
You know this man.gif

Ok... maybe not

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did the entire trail today. Yeah, few minor wet spots nothing major. One suicidal cute dog not leashed. Well, it had a leash but no human at the other end of it...

Really only bad spot is the typical section by the car graveyard.

iman29

I was riding the road alongside the trail this morning in Califon heading back to long valley around 9:45 and it was still cool out and definitely already crowded. Trailhead in LV by coffee potter looked packed as was trailhead in Flanders when I got closer to home. I imagine now that it’s warmer out it’s more crowded. Good luck.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I was riding the road alongside the trail this morning in Califon heading back to long valley around 9:45 and it was still cool out and definitely already crowded. Trailhead in LV by coffee potter looked packed as was trailhead in Flanders when I got closer to home. I imagine now that it’s warmer out it’s more crowded. Good luck.
Thanks for the info.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions