Clayton Trail Maintenance

Hair Face

That was a great turnout yesterday! Great meeting some new people and putting names to some faces as well. Excited for the next session 😀.... actually more excited that it's almost time for my lunch break so I can go ride it

Yesterday's lesson = no knicks at the apex of a burm 😝
Can't upload video but see if this link works. I have no shame, this was a fun fail lol

Nice video. You were coming in HOT!

The Kalmyk

That was a great turnout yesterday! Great meeting some new people and putting names to some faces as well. Excited for the next session 😀.... actually more excited that it's almost time for my lunch break so I can go ride it

Yesterday's lesson = no knicks at the apex of a burm 😝
Can't upload video but see if this link works. I have no shame, this was a fun fail lol

I too dislike those involuntary dismounts

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The work continues at Clayton. I have to say, riding these new lines is really fun.

We'll be digging again Wednesdays 6/1, 6/15, 6/29 5pm-7pm and Fridays 6/10, 6/24 9am-12pm. Come join us.

Thank you Matt DeFelice , Chanin, Caleb, and Joe.

20220527_093228.jpg
20220527_111332.jpg
20220527_111309.jpg
20220527_115817.jpg

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode here last Sunday, all new improvements are great!!!
Thanks @pooriggy for getting the ball rolling on all the work in the MCPS!
You are welcome.

The ball is rolling, let's keep it going. I'd ask trail users to come out and support us.

@Matt_ is the crew leader/Jorba rep for this park. Reach out and join in.

Fridays 9-12pm 6/10, 6/24
Wednesday 5-7pm 6/15, 6/29

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Still a lot of work to do. Anyone who happens to have off on Friday morning and wants to lend a hand, we could use it this week, 9am-12. I'll be missing a few of my normal crew due to vacations.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Us three stooges completed the bridges re-route this morning. @michael.su came in clutch with the wheelbarrow as we had to transplant a lot of dirt to build the tread up at the low point. No more slamming on the brakes entering and exiting the bridge 🤘

Will need to put the finishing touches on this section next Wednesday, July 29, 5-7pm. Also need to raise the tread at the new entrance to this trail now that it's packed down some.

20220624_115759.jpg
20220624_114048.jpg
20220624_114346.jpg
20220624_114516.jpg

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Just a reminder we'll be back at it tomorrow morning, 9am, for anyone willing and able to lend a hand.

With the upper section of Glen trail properly sheeting water off to the outslope I'm hoping to finally tackle that sandy turn towards the bottom

Matt_

I Get Jokes
This is a tough week to get volunteers on Friday (because almost everyone I know is away for vacation 😄). My friend Ryan and his son Finn were out riding for their first time in a while and stopped to give us a hand (@pooriggy ill send you their emails after they complete the volunteer form)

Thanks to @Sendit88 and Joe (self proclaimed "non-registered creeper) for all your hard work 🍻

We finished the upper section of Glen Trail. Added one more rolling grade knick and then started working on the sand that's been accumulating for over a decade since the last park reroute. Built up the tread a bit with some quality dirt that we harvested nearby and will see how it holds up before any more changes.

20220708_102625.jpg
20220708_120028.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions