Chimney Rock Conditions

Rode there yesterday from the vosseler lot, did the yellow stuff off to the right, some muddy spots, but not that bad, didn't want to risk a venture into the lower sections though

stopped by the Newman lot on Saturday on a road bike
made a u-turn by the sign and tires sunk so deep I couldn't pedal

Spent a couple hours nicking puddles on Blue this morning; should drain & dry a little faster now.

Still too sloppy to ride, but some happy things to report:
  • Muddy areas are getting fewer and further between.
  • Very few fresh tire tracks in the mud.
  • Beautiful sunny morning, yet no bikes on the trails or bike racks in the parking lot. (All this discussion and the widget seem to be working!)
  • A big group of scouts were doing a litter cleanup patrol, mad props!
  • Peepers are peeping!
    20150404_104809.jpg
    20150404_114111.jpg

Rode it Sunday morning and it was great aside from a few muddy spots on blue and lower red.

It's supposed to rain this evening and tomorrow, though, so I doubt it will be OK to ride tomorrow

Yup, same sentiments as that VW guy (should be, since I rode with him). Trails were all in all pretty good. The typical muddy spots were as expected but we didn't gash the trails any more than previous riders. Most of Red and all of Orange were good. Surprisingly Yellow just past 4-way on the climb was a mess, but for a short distance. Did not go further on to Hi-Tech/ Vosseler. Yellow back down to 4-way had some sloppy sections. White back to the lot was all good, tho didn't venture out to the outer loops of that trail system but assume they are a mess. Overall good conditions despite the thaw and poor drainage. With this week's rain forecast, tho, it's probably a no-go for CR this weekend.

@woody; trail conditions are green for CR
can you confirm? will head over tomorrow if you agree

Sawry, just saw this.
I haven't been there in the past few days, so can't say for sure.
Had some rain yesterday and last night, which certainly didn't help.
Looking forward to your report if you go...

walked red white and blue with the pups this morning. lower blue and red are still very wet obviously but most of the trails are better than expected. I wouldn't say its quite ridable yet though.

just as I expected, ditched the ride after testing my soggy back yard, which in the same Watchung range as CR

walked red white and blue with the pups this morning. lower blue and red are still very wet obviously but most of the trails are better than expected. I wouldn't say its quite ridable yet though.

will you be adding a parking rating in the Conditions widget
it's at 3.0 now and green
driving over now to inspect and rate

rode last evening, perfect conditions
only a few areas with dinosaur ruts,

I'll second that, I don't think the little rain we got it going to cause issues for tomorrow.

By chance were you the guy on the Specialiazed that I tried to run over at the logover on blue?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions