Chimney Rock Conditions

Lower blue still (always) has some mud. Everything else was good.
I was under the impression that the Cromwell stuff was open now but they’re still working out there.
This guy should make himself scarce in the next month or so
IMG_4979.jpeg

The park is wet! Not a little wet. Not kinda wet. I rode Red, White and the ball field trails. And called it quits
Black, Yellow/Green and Cromwell weren’t bad.. slick in expected spots, amazingly dry in others…

Wanted to ride CR yesterday, and at the last second turned to Nassau, as I knew Chimney would be wet. Nassau was completely dry...I could not believe how clean my bike was after the ride. I know the couple closures have turned people away, but it's still a great trail system and stays a lot dryer.

I was out there at noon today, I'll give it a 3 out of 5. I started on blue since I figured that was going to be the worst of the worst and I was prepared to pull the plug if needed. While there were certainly wet spots, it was not a total disaster. There was nothing that made me think I need to immediately turn around and leave. The worst of what I hit was on white. Also a few unsavory areas here and there but we're not taking 3" rut conditions all over.

Screenshot_20231125-150406.png

I was out there at noon today, I'll give it a 3 out of 5. I started on blue since I figured that was going to be the worst of the worst and I was prepared to pull the plug if needed. While there were certainly wet spots, it was not a total disaster. There was nothing that made me think I need to immediately turn around and leave. The worst of what I hit was on white. Also a few unsavory areas here and there but we're not taking 3" rut conditions all over.

View attachment 227951
Thorough report! Smart staying off the flats on Blue.

Reactions: rlb
Thorough report! Smart staying off the flats on Blue.
yesterday (BEFORE the rain) things were WAY sloppier than they were thursday morning...think that freeze/thaw cycle is making spots that were good greasy....

the worst spots from thursday that had running water (mostly fall lines) were surprisingly mostly dry yesterday....but the new sections of grease sent me home WAY muddier, and I did one-third the miles!

and then of course it rained

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions