Chimney Rock Conditions

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looking good. How were conditions today? Thinking of hitting it tomorrow am.
This was yesterday and what I saw was not great but I was thinking I would also give it a go in the am. Chime in with an update if you get over there.

CNJRider

Joker
Got there around noon today. Was still drying out. Worse parts were blue twisties. Left just as the rain was starting to come down.

Big tree down on orange climb near Gilbride.

D5AB6519-ECBD-4723-87FA-C99D4AF86E3B.jpeg

Red wasn’t too bad.
2E54584A-096D-4386-B7A4-8B4538AC6A44.jpeg

C8424BF5-6019-47BF-99D9-637E9F1BE5F5.jpeg

New sections of white were pretty dry. I see that janky climb near the chain link fence was rerouted. New rock armor and flowy surface looking good!

73C4CBF3-5178-4504-A57A-B4F6ECEE93F3.jpeg

Jrzjoe

Any educated premonition of what conditions may be for Saturday? I’d like to get back to a proper dawn patrol.

Jrzjoe

I saw that it may rain today but it isn’t supposed to be significant.
If any of the locals put feet on the ground out that way please post?

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
3/17
Checked out 3 different sections, still fairly damp in spots but from what I saw, certainly rideable. Some trails will probably be worse than others. Please avoid those, if possible. Expect to get dirty. Chime in with any tree issues.

rjr44

I live at the top of red and blue and we got minimal drizzle, ground was a little wet but that's it. Hoping to sneak our shortly, will report how things look if I get out.
WHITE: avoided based on what I saw on red and blue
BLUE: twisties are a mud pit, AVOID...lower blue is not much better...the remainder was mostly terrific outside of one or 2 spots of standing water
RED: avoid lower interior...the rest is mostly terrific save for the few usual spots that are last to dry out

Didn't find any downed trees on blue. Found several on red that were easy enough to move.

One remaining tree on lower interior needs tools (which I didn't bring). Not a huge job, but definitely needs tools. Can just barely ride around the tups of those branches to the right off trail a bit.

PXL_20230317_160133701.jpg

Screenshot_20230317-124839.png

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
WHITE: avoided based on what I saw on red and blue
BLUE: twisties are a mud pit, AVOID...lower blue is not much better...the remainder was mostly terrific outside of one or 2 spots of standing water
RED: avoid lower interior...the rest is mostly terrific save for the few usual spots that are last to dry out

Didn't find any downed trees on blue. Found several on red that were easy enough to move.

One remaining tree on lower interior needs tools (which I didn't bring). Not a huge job, but definitely needs tools. Can just barely ride around the tups of those branches to the right off trail a bit.

View attachment 209528
View attachment 209529
This is such a great/realistic conditions report. Thank you!

CNJRider

Joker
I’m here now. It is worse than I expected it. Sampled red and found a tree down which I will address and then go elsewhere. Too wet for my dainty tastes.

rjr44

This is such a great/realistic conditions report. Thank you!
HAHA, maybe save the kudos until you see for yourself and agree?

Ratings are definitely relative to what I expected to find (horrible conditions) and also how things have been recently (horrible).

Definitely not summer terrific out there.

And as terrific as I thought the good parts were, I'm still hitting Nassau and Allaire this weekend despite CR being my backyard.

When in doubt always refer to the fact in my signature: "I'm an idiot."

Thanks to CNJ for the quick work on that tree!

Jrzjoe

Ratings are definitely relative to what I expected to find (horrible conditions) and also how things have been recently (horrible).

And as terrific as I thought the good parts were, I'm still hitting Nassau and Allaire this weekend despite CR being my backyard.

Thanks to CNJ for the quick work on that

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG

Thanks to CNJ for the quick work on that tree!
I really appreciated your honest assessment based on what you saw on site, the clearing of the tree and specifics on the tree that needed tools.

Often conditions reports are filled with how the responder thinks the trails will be, which is not very valuable.

Davinchia1981

It's going to be in the 20's tomorrow morning till around 10. Should be frozen and good to go right? I really don't want to do any cleaning after my ride hahaha.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions