Chimney Rock Conditions

CNJRider

Joker
Not sure who did it or how, but here is the before and after for that hung up dead tree on the yellow perimeter trail uphill from the 4-way. Tree is still there and still propped up against another but it was cut at its stump and shifted several feet to the right so no need to duck under anymore.

1637534255801.jpg

CNJRider

Joker
Spent some time this afternoon bumming around the Rock. Did yellow, orange, red and a bit of white.

Yellow perimeter was totally rideable. It got just a bit softer and damper below the four way. Otherwise OK.

20211124_151858.jpg

Orange was good too aside from that patch of mud when you enter from Gilbride.

Red had some peanut-buttery problem spots in all the usual places. Here is the singletrack right off of Logan after passing through the fence heading towards Newman.

20211124_153637.jpg

Lots of leaf cover and the few spots of bare dirt were moist but puddle-free.

20211124_155128.jpg

Last, here is the part of black behind the arch bridge heading toward the stream crossing. Not great but not terrible either.

20211124_161001.jpg

Did not hit up blue or interior white but can predict that they are not in great shape for riding.

Attachments

• 20211124_155128.jpg
    20211124_155128.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 59

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I was there yesterday afternoon. There were a few wet sections, but overall surprisingly dry. I doubt that dusting will change the conditions much.
Was more concerned with the thaw than the dusting but it seemed like the combo could be bad to me. YMMV

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Was there yesterday. Only dipped briefly into White, but it was very wet. Skipped Lower Blue, assuming it was also too wet.

Rode Upper Blue, Red, Orange and Yellow. They were all fine.

Bikeworks

Green was in terrific shape, orange and yellow had some wet ruts here and there. Black was good too. Still learning the system, so apologies if I am not describing spots correctly. Also, there's a pink?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions