Chimney Rock Conditions

Can confirm CR is a mess. Took a hike into red and blue and there is alot of standing water visible this evening.

20211031_165231.jpg

Ground is still saturated as has been mentioned and rutting was apparent here and there.

20211031_170157.jpg

Now for the good news....

The new culvert bridges on red and blue are intact and running clear.

20211031_170130.jpg

20211031_173042.jpg

Did most of the park this afternoon. Significantly better than Sunday after four dry but cool Autumn days. Still patches of wet, particularly on blue but was otherwise dried out enough for riding.

Beautiful, crunchy trail surface at the top of yellow.

20211104_164530.jpg

Watch out for this dead tree half way down the perimeter trail. Looks like a widowmaker to me. The trail passes right under the broken trunk...

20211104_165007.jpg

While the top is hung up on a neighboring tree.

20211104_165022.jpg

County fenced around the crumbled part of Logan. Can confirm there is indeed an excavator parked nearby. There is also fresh gravel laid down up to this point. Did not notice much otherwise in the way of progress yet.

20211104_170521.jpg

Worse part of blue was lower blue as per usual. Still not that bad all things considered. I was able to skirt the worse of it while staying within the confines of the trail.

20211104_172838.jpg

20211104_172833.jpg

So come and get it. The trails are only going to get better heading into Friday and this weekend!

Yesterday was awesome, so many riders out. I hit the red perimeter trail, the white trail, and the blue perimeter trail, all of which were in great shape (except for lower blue which is always swampy). Looking great overall. I heard from someone that Norm was there clearing a tree but didn't see him.

Yesterday was awesome, so many riders out. I hit the red perimeter trail, the white trail, and the blue perimeter trail, all of which were in great shape (except for lower blue which is always swampy). Looking great overall. I heard from someone that Norm was there clearing a tree but didn't see him.

I think Kirt was cleaning up that tree a bit on middle blue. I was over at the ballfield trails breaking my axe.

Yup, I saw more hikers and families at 2ish yesterday than I ever did all year. Must be the foliage and seasonal weather? Glad to see more folks taking advantage of our parks in any case. Conditions are definitely premo now.
Yesterday was awesome, so many riders out. I hit the red perimeter trail, the white trail, and the blue perimeter trail, all of which were in great shape (except for lower blue which is always swampy). Looking great overall. I heard from someone that Norm was there clearing a tree but didn't see him

Did it all today in the early afternoon. Conditions are as excellent as you would expect after such a long spell of dry, sunny weather.

Gilbride lot is open. Looks like some heavy equipment graded and smoothed out the lower part of the loop off the parking lot that skirts the stream.

20211110_132932.jpg

Not sure what the purpose of this was but it's there now. No more muddy single track in that section.

The tree on blue is still there. Over or under? I did both, over the first trunk and under the second.

20211110_154622.jpg

Lastly, two excavators were visibly working on Logan near CR road. Did not get close enough to see exactly what they were up to but smoothing and shoring up the gravel road is my guess.

Did it all today in the early afternoon. Conditions are as excellent as you would expect after such a long spell of dry, sunny weather.

Gilbride lot is open. Looks like some heavy equipment graded and smoothed out the lower part of the loop off the parking lot that skirts the stream.

View attachment 170693

Not sure what the purpose of this was but it's there now. No more muddy single track in that section.

The tree on blue is still there. Over or under? I did both, over the first trunk and under the second.

View attachment 170694

Lastly, two excavators were visibly working on Logan near CR road. Did not get close enough to see exactly what they were up to but smoothing and shoring up the gravel road is my guess.
Saw this too. Spoke to the operator for a few minutes. He told me that a couple of guys fully kitted up blazed through the work site right next to the machine while they were working. He seemed like a pretty cool guy but let me know that the county and engineers are aware of park users doing stupid stuff like this. Probably not a good idea while representing the mountain bike community or especially whatever team you may or may not be involved with.
Trail conditions were good.

He seemed like a pretty cool guy but let me know that the county and engineers are aware of park users doing stupid stuff like this.

Have you turned on the TV recently? Pretty sure the stupidity is inherent to society at this point.

It’s going to rain overnight so get your gets on today!

Anybody get eyes on today after the rain? Heavy but quick out here in SI, wondering how it was in Central/North NJ

Anybody get eyes on today after the rain? Heavy but quick out here in SI, wondering how it was in Central/North NJ

I walked the dog there this morning, and it wasn't great. After the rain I would say it'll be extra-meh. Won't be horrible but there's a trillion wet/greasy leaves covering everything plus a few puddles here & there.

I rode red, blue and white trails mid-day, was pretty good this morning. got to my car at the Washington Valley lot as it started pouring and hailing. I would expect some mud tomorrow.

Also the gravel steep road along the side of the dam is almost repaired, but the construction equipment is parked in the trail, and the fence is well closed off to prevent anyone entering, so plan around that section for now. Looks like they might be done this week though, it's looking good.

Little sloppy in what seems to me to be regular spots, but overall not terrible. There was a small tree down on Red, looks hoppable by most (but not all judging by the chainring grooves). I am not most.

IMG_1797.jpg

Rode all of red this afternoon. Conditions are rideable but soft in some spots. Lots and lots of leaves everywhere. Can also confirm the tree down on the perimeter trail and it is indeed just at chain ring height.

Logan Rd is open and you can see they rerouted the trail a bit into the hillside to kink around the part that crumbled away.

20211119_174424.jpg

Great conditions this afternoon on red, upper blue, back white trail, and orange on the parts I rode (a few leaves, yeah). Smaller tree down on upper red perimeter trail, as mentioned. See photo.

Attachments

• PXL_20211120_204445474.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211120_204445474.MP.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20211120-163155.png
    Screenshot_20211120-163155.png
    329.4 KB · Views: 68
Did everything today except the black loops off Gilbride.

Yellow and orange were near primo condition except for the heavy leaf cover. Saw an improvement on Yellow where the trail routes around that dead leaning tree. Great job whoever did that.

Red and white were decent enough. Wettest part of red was the connector trail that runs the full width from one side to the other. Otherwise good but lots and lots of leaves especially on the interior connectors as can be seen below.

Where did the trail go?
20211120_143922.jpg

White had patches of mud in all the usual locations. Twisties were good to go.
20211120_153808.jpg

Blue still pretty messy. The worse parts are at lower blue but what else is new.

20211120_150137.jpg
20211120_150402.jpg

Last, Newman lot was packed at 2ish. Gotta love the hikers who park so creatively. :)

20211120_195931.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions