Chimney Rock Conditions

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Saw the sreach and rescue fly by and then all the traffic, so figured something was up.

BRIDGEWATER, NJ - Bridgewater Police are advising drivers to avoid Newmans Lane between Mountain Top Road and Washington Valley Road until further notice.

According to a Nixle alert sent just before 4 p.m. Monday, police said the area of the road is closed until further notice.

Witnesses in the area report seeing a police presence at Washington Valley Park, and underwater rescue. According to Somerset County, numerous EMS and fire/rescue teams are working a possible drowning.

johnnyrides

It’s closer to where I live than any other park but yet I’ve never been to CR. Usually ride Hartshorne, 6 mile, Nassau, or LewMo.

Want to get to CR this weekend. I know of the lot on Newmans. What trail routes do you recommend to get a good flavor of the place? Which of the above is it most like?

Thanks for your suggestions.

thegock

It’s closer to where I live than any other park but yet I’ve never been to CR. Usually ride Hartshorne, 6 mile, Nassau, or LewMo.

Want to get to CR this weekend. I know of the lot on Newmans. What trail routes do you recommend to get a good flavor of the place? Which of the above is it most like?

Ride red and blue, then white. Then, if you have more in the tank, cross CR Rd [CAREFULLY] and do yellow and orange.

Much rockier.

MVIMG_20190810_122704-01.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

you'll need to get to newmans lot early - it fills up -
the ballfield lot on CR road is less crowded. People want to get near the water.

this is just about everything in the mostly correct direction...

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's

It’s rockier than all of those other places combined. But still not super technical. Lots of loose fist sized rocks to look out for.
parking at Newman’s is probably the best because you can do blue, red, and white all being relative close to your car.

johnnyrides

It’s rockier than all of those other places combined. But still not super technical. Lots of loose fist sized rocks to look out for.
parking at Newman’s is probably the best because you can do blue, red, and white all being relative close to your car.
So not much flow....or fun? Rocks are fine but not necessarily how I want to spend my limited time if that’s the dominant feature.

rlb

So not much flow....or fun? Rocks are fine but not necessarily how I want to spend my limited time if that’s the dominant feature.

Plenty of flow, and plenty of rocks. Try blue, then red and go from there if you like it. It's a good place to get started on more technical riding.

rlb

Sad to hear that a kid died there today. Hopefully it's a wakeup call to all those who dive off the rocks.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sad to here that. To me rocks are more then just fine, they're like...groovy.

we also know every single rock there :)
To a person who has never ridden there, it can be a little frustrating. Especially if it’s a little slick.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
we also know every single rock there :)
To a person who has never ridden there, it can be a little frustrating. Especially if it’s a little slick.
True. However the more you do the less frustrating it becomes. Living in Cranford, I'm not real close to trails but not real far either. I can ride sand or rocks within 45 min of my house. I enjoy mixing it up.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions