Chimney Rock Conditions

Werd. Wet but not too slick. Typical people getting their typical flats.
6A5B805A-95EB-441F-99B5-13C559391819.jpeg

Not sure how much rain it got last night. Came to see and the trails are wet but don’t appear to be soft. There is some standing water. Saw a fella roll by off of red and go into blue. He wasn’t muddy.
I rolled up blue, I know it’s usually the wettest but considering what I saw I took the first connector out. It was pretty damn bad so I called it quits. I’d give it some time.

Rode CR today - Blue, all of Red, Orange up and over (not Buttermilk side), Black, Yellow up to and across Millers, top side of Vosselors, didn't do High Tech, and White to Newman's lot. Trails in pretty decent conditions. Some mud in the usual spots. Saw some nice trail work on White, Orange and Yellow, filling in the ruts and de-rooting - thanks! Big pine tree down across Yellow on Millers side near beginning, after first fork. Had to climb over two other huge trees that got knocked down to get around it (those had poison ivy and/or poison oak vines on them, yay).

Conditions were so good that the puddle on Orange at Gilbride dried up.

Does anyone know what "yield tap" means? Someone was repeatedly and aggressively yelling that to me and my two friends on blue.....?

Does anyone know what "yield tap" means? Someone was repeatedly and aggressively yelling that to me and my two friends on blue

We you going downhill and passing him going up?

Or vice versa?

Or same direction?

The expression "yield tap" is new to me. I assume he was likely drunk and saying something else. Like someone from Northern Ireland saying "YIELD UP" as in, "Dear kind sir, I believe you are supposed to yield to the uphill rider in this situation, as you are going downhill."

Or something like this.

Or vice versa?

Or same direction?

The expression "yield tap" is new to me. I assume he was likely drunk and saying something else. Like someone from Northern Ireland saying "YIELD UP" as in, "Dear kind sir, I believe you are supposed to yield to the uphill rider in this situation, as you are going downhill."

Or something like this.

It was a female rider. We were going down on the little twisty section on top of blue and she was riding the opposite direction. I said "rider up!" and that's what sounded like she was yelling. We all stopped and moved aside as she passed us.

"Yield to up?"

It was a female rider. We were going down on the little twisty section on top of blue and she was riding the opposite direction. I said "rider up!" and that's what sounded like she was yelling. We all stopped and moved aside as she passed us.

do a strava flyby, and ask what she said.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions