Chain drop pedaling backwards?

I prefer this one

Separately I've evolved into 3 sram drivetrains. All work good, no chain drop on the backpedal. The X1 10-42 11 speed is bulletproof it seems. My GX eagle can get a little cranky and need adjustment and the newer NX has been good so far.

1589933558733.png

Last edited:
I use T9. If that doesn't work it's because bikes aren't meant to go backwards ?
It does go forwards much betterer. I kinda wanna drop it off with you one day and have you go over some stuff. Once you're done saving Summit, that is.

I had this issue when I had a bad bearing in my freehub. New bearings fixed the problem.
Bike sat for a while, might be gunked up, clean and relube is worth a shot. Tanks.

The clutch does help with backpedal drops, especially if the chain is bobbing hard over undulations. If it seems a bit loose, see if you can pop off a cover and give it a tighten. Some can be tightened even if not advertized as such.
I did a little interneting, the adjustment can be done but you might break it also. Seemed risky!

Another point against finicky ass SRAM.

I thought that the SRAM MTB derailleurs with 1:1 actuation generally require less adjustments to maintain decent shifting, compared to Shimano. I only have SRAM on my MTB though, so I have no basis of comparison.

Back
Top Bottom