Car-spotting thread

rick81721

Lothar
On the road at 5am this morning. Scary AF for like 1.5 hours in the pitch black in a new car. Sun came up just as I pulled off for gas. Got 2 sections of video in daylight and then got the heck outta dodge.

And got pulled over of course. I actually wasn't screwing around that bad for NJ standards, but I was in VA. And I got stopped at 36 over. So I'm pretty that's the Death Penalty. Nice knowing you all.

View attachment 125303View attachment 125304

Not loud enough!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Not loud enough!

I have another video from the back that screams. This road is weird because you're in 3rd most of the time at a relatively low RPM. The DualMode opens up at like 3,500 I think. I'm gonna do the fuse mod so it stays open, it's ungodly loud then.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
On the road at 5am this morning. Scary AF for like 1.5 hours in the pitch black in a new car. Sun came up just as I pulled off for gas. Got 2 sections of video in daylight and then got the heck outta dodge.

And got pulled over of course. I actually wasn't screwing around that bad for NJ standards, but I was in VA. And I got stopped at 36 over. So I'm pretty that's the Death Penalty. Nice knowing you all.

View attachment 125303View attachment 125304

where is the telemetry from the data logger?

36 over in a 70 is serious.
what did he write you for?

LukeW

Anyone want to split this with me? It's the perfect spec for me. 4.0L, right color, not too many options, sofa seats, front axle lift. Think the market on these will tank? Or the people with money will always have money?

The 991 gt3rs/r is one of my dream cars.

LukeW

The 991 gt3rs/r is one of my dream cars.
I think the market for ‘toy’/weekend cars like the gt3 will probably shoot straight up after corona ends, kinda like a baby boom type thing. Especially seeing that the predictions are saying somewhat back to normal in summer.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I would say the flood of lawyer letter should start today. There is plenty of advise on line to not have to appear. The best is dont pay and never drive through Va. Again lol...

I'll drive down, not a huge deal. Huge fine, but not a huge deal.

ebarker9

Anyone want to split this with me? It's the perfect spec for me. 4.0L, right color, not too many options, sofa seats, front axle lift. Think the market on these will tank? Or the people with money will always have money?

I'm down. Would match my lego model perfectly.

cuda

Excellent choice, I was looking at a regular old SS but that won't happen until I sell off some toys.

Didn't think I'd still own this but I'm loving it nowadays.

IMG_20200309_183036.jpg

mfennell

I'll drive down, not a huge deal. Huge fine, but not a huge deal.
I hate to be a downer but reckless is a criminal offense in VA. It is no joke.

The courts where I practice (primarily Fredericksburg, Stafford, and Spotsylvania) typically do not impose jail time until at least 95 mph and usually only at 100 mph (or 30+ over the speed limit). That varies depending upon the judge and many other factors, but 90 is not the normal jail threshold in my area.
Source..

A Jalopnik writer spent 3 days in jail for 93 in a 55.. He had an attorney. That was the plea bargain.

Top Bottom