Car-spotting thread

Seems when we go visit my mother in law 45 minutes away in Wayne route 80 and the surrounding area always has some cars to spot since the wife usually drives.

RR was butt ugly especially the back of the car but he was driving the usual route 80 speed limit of 80+ when he blew past us on the right after the merge by 280.

Ferrari was at a gas station in Wayne. Brand new AMG suv was also Wayne.

FE5B23F6-02E8-4FC5-8E19-E92C17D02833.jpeg7B747623-ED1A-4915-A8EE-F5202FD43196.jpegFA9A8763-C7C6-4AF0-B6F3-C31F6F997026.jpegDAE95F09-84F9-42DF-89B0-B2B01D04004A.jpeg

A friend turned 50 last week and we had a bit of a Cars & Coffee at his house to celebrate. I present the Tailor Made 812 Superfast.

Holee sheet. The owner went to Ferrari NYC and specced EVERYTHING. It has a crazy color only available on Tailor Made cars. 4 layers. It's spectacular in the sun. He has an F40 too, and specified F40 fabric for the seats, door cards, and lower dash. It's just insane. Everyone who worked on it at the factory signed the engine compartment. Dude owns an SF90 too but I heard he was selling it because it's kind of boring.

PXL_20231028_142135628.jpgPXL_20231028_142106288~2.jpgPXL_20231028_144943268.jpgPXL_20231028_142100520.jpg

A couple more shots from the gathering.

I broke out the Cobra for the 2nd time this year. Mike brought his Boxster Spyder, which I borrowed to pick up my daughter from Irish Dance class. She went nuts. Huge P-car fan.

PXL_20231028_145541002.jpg

I honestly don't know what model Alfa this is. My buddy Drew was driving it. Drew is a professional mechanic at a euro shop somewhere north of me. Turned out he's friends with a beast of a MTBer I know in the area (our local Snap On guy). I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Small world. Drew used to be a coach for California Superbike School, which is kind of cool. The Tesla in front is a Model 3 Performance, which replaced a 991 4S 'vert 6MT. I'm a little conflicted on that...

PXL_20231028_145522115.jpg

No good pics of the early '60s Tbird convertible that another friend brought. His dad was driving one when he met his mom a million years ago. They were both doing singing for commercials (!). He bought another a few years ago for old time's sake.

Also an EV6, which looked great but I didn't get a chance to take a look.

EDIT: I didn't take any pics of the birthday boy's cars. He has a supercharged Elise, an R32 GT-R, BMW F80(? before it got so ugly) M3, and a Mercedes E63S wagon.

I broke out the Cobra for the 2nd time this year. Mike brought his Boxster Spyder, which I borrowed to pick up my daughter from Irish Dance class. She went nuts. Huge P-car fan.

View attachment 226076

I honestly don't know what model Alfa this is. My buddy Drew was driving it. Drew is a professional mechanic at a euro shop somewhere north of me. Turned out he's friends with a beast of a MTBer I know in the area (our local Snap On guy). I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Small world. Drew used to be a coach for California Superbike School, which is kind of cool. The Tesla in front is a Model 3 Performance, which replaced a 991 4S 'vert 6MT. I'm a little conflicted on that...

View attachment 226077

No good pics of the early '60s Tbird convertible that another friend brought. His dad was driving one when he met his mom a million years ago. They were both doing singing for commercials (!). He bought another a few years ago for old time's sake.

EDIT: I didn't take any pics of the birthday boy's cars. He has a supercharged Elise, an R32 GT-R, BMW F80(? before it got so ugly) M3, and a Mercedes E63S wagon.
Looks to be a late 60’s to mid-70’s Alfa Giulia

View attachment 226063

Mendham King's lot always has interesting stuff. I know that a lot of people don't like it, but I'm a fan of the 914. Unfortunately it looked like the owner was having some issues getting it started so that helped with my desire to own one.
If it was yesterday in the 80's and just sitting running, possible FI vapor lock. I used to see that at autocrosses.

View attachment 226076

View attachment 226077

I need to upgrade my friends circle to yours! wow nice cars.

@iman29

Tell your son it's time to murder out the ST!

@iman29

Tell your son it's time to murder out the ST!

Haha.

He’s out on another tour until December but I am sure this stuff is already on his to buy list.

The first “customization “ he did was to add an aftermarket set of hydraulic hood struts that bolt into some existing factory holes under the hood since it only comes with the standard metal Stick thing.

Back
Top Bottom