Car-spotting thread

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
I have been looking at real estate down south NJ lately. Here are a few parkway finds from my trips. I also sold the Toyota, may be leaving the Allaire area soon….literally happening on a whim.
Good luck to you. My wife and I have been looking around Stafford township and Manahawkin. We'd hoped to be down there by now but just can't find the right thing. Not going to settle.

sundaydoug

Two guys were going from Rennsport Dragon Rally to Crown Rally West.

“I am terribly sorry these two men were killed in what was a preventable incident,” said San Miguel County Sheriff Bill Masters. “And I don’t appreciate what amounts to reckless and intentional disregard for the people of our county. They could have killed an innocent motorist. Crown Rally needs to re-think what they’re doing out on the roads.”

Thankfully they didn't kill any innocent motorists. Fucking nitwits.

Johnny Utah

Good luck to you. My wife and I have been looking around Stafford township and Manahawkin. We'd hoped to be down there by now but just can't find the right thing. Not going to settle.
I hear that, it’s crazy out there right now but it seems more and more is coming on the market.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Shelby Cobra replica with a 427. Spoke to the owner, he bought it a few years ago and it was originally built in the 80s. He's had experts look at it and they have no idea what kit it was from.

He called it his ice cream car.

View attachment 187088View attachment 187089View attachment 187090
hmm, im surprised its so hard to figure out.....especially since this looks like a decent kit...looks fairly true to the original. But that transmission tunnel is really unique looking....and the hood scoop is way bigger than a real cobra.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
hmm, im surprised its so hard to figure out.....especially since this looks like a decent kit...looks fairly true to the original. But that transmission tunnel is really unique looking....and the hood scoop is way bigger than a real cobra.
There were a bunch of weird small companies making kit kars in the 80s. If they only made a handful then it's pretty hard as it was pre-internet and it may be the only one of it's type on this side of the country, etc.

I remember years ago talking to some guy about how he bought his kit from a pool/bathtub manufacturer who decided to make kits for a bit. They specialized in fiberglass so they made a great body that needed no prep work or paint out of the mold. Which is great if all you care about is looks...

Top Bottom