Car-spotting thread

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How about a fixer upper ‘69 Cougar?
It only needs,…everything.View attachment 185205View attachment 185207View attachment 185206
I always liked them, but thats alot of rust to fix....and thats only what you can see.

Before I forget, this thing too, occupying my alignment rack View attachment 185222View attachment 185223
That really is a beautiful car...of course Giorgetto Giugiaro designed it and most of his car designs are pretty memorable.....I didnt realize tho that it shares its tail lights with the Pantera...I guess that makes sense...Giugiaro also designed the Mangusta
1653401881463.png

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do you and @UtahJoe use the Optimum No Rinse regularly and do you recommend it? And what method, as I have seen different methods on YT?
I do and I really like it. I mean most of the time, my mustang just has a little dust on it...im not out driving it in the rain or long distances and the car sits in the garage. But I love that I can wash it in my garage, in the shade, and not have to roll the windows up. the last time I had it out it got covered with pollen, so ill probably just hit it with the hose quick first.

I mix it up as the instructions say in a 5 gal bucket, but I also fill a spray bottle up from the bucket. I spray sections of the car down first, heavily...then I use the wash mit on it...then dry it. I have different wash mitts/towels for the paint/wheels. I think it does a nice job.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@UtahJoe was my little protégé with ONR plus he's an engineer so he follows directions. I do what he does, and only if it's light dust, pollen, or whatnot. If it's more than that I hose it off first so I might as well do a full wash, but ONR would work just as well most of the time.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
$5.19/gallon for 93 it's hard to get excited about it.
I was thinking that these prices might finally cool off this ridiculous truck market. Im still looking for an old classic truck, but the prices have been batshit crazy.

One (albeit small) nice thing about these diesel prices...the amount of brodozers I see driving around has really plummeted.

rick81721

Lothar
I do and I really like it. I mean most of the time, my mustang just has a little dust on it...im not out driving it in the rain or long distances and the car sits in the garage. But I love that I can wash it in my garage, in the shade, and not have to roll the windows up. the last time I had it out it got covered with pollen, so ill probably just hit it with the hose quick first.

I mix it up as the instructions say in a 5 gal bucket, but I also fill a spray bottle up from the bucket. I spray sections of the car down first, heavily...then I use the wash mit on it...then dry it. I have different wash mitts/towels for the paint/wheels. I think it does a nice job.

I've been using it for years. Never did the 5 gal bucket nonsense - just keep refilling the spray bottle utilizing the same vol/vol ration as recommended

rick81721

Lothar
@UtahJoe was my little protégé with ONR plus he's an engineer so he follows directions. I do what he does, and only if it's light dust, pollen, or whatnot. If it's more than that I hose it off first so I might as well do a full wash, but ONR would work just as well most of the time.

Speaking of ONR, you turned me on to that at the guy's shop in Hillsboro who did our PPF. Do you know if he is still in business? I have a bunch of dings in the hood piece and want to replace it.

Top Bottom