Car-spotting thread

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Running into some funner cars recently. Today's first at bat - Audi R8. The guy driving looked to be early/mid-30s - then he pulled off into a yacht club. Either he or is mom/dad has some serious money

View attachment 155205

Then after a stop at lowes, a maserati tried to keep up

View attachment 155206
Funny. R8 is neighbor's current toy. Maserati was the prior one. Says he can't drive the R8 without every idiot trying to race him.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Speaking of R8’s these photos of an A4 convertible masquerading as an R8 Spyder were posted on Bimmerpost today in a thread for fake badging. PA plates in a New York neighborhood. In addition to the fake blackout trim and the bogus R8 badge, note the gewgaws on the rear deck. 😂 🤣AAFD0B52-239F-4ED7-ABB4-0295297A1127.jpeg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Speaking of R8’s these photos of an A4 convertible masquerading as an R8 Spyder were posted on Bimmerpost today in a thread for fake badging. PA plates in a New York neighborhood. In addition to the fake blackout trim and the bogus R8 badge, note the gewgaws on the rear deck. 😂 🤣View attachment 155231
Just wow. I love the pieces of black trashcan on the front and back.

ebarker9

Have to admit that I have a soft spot for basically anyone modifying their car to be something they think is cool, even if I think it looks incredibly silly.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Big day yesterday. 35% ceramic tint on the GT3. Guy was super careful and knows I'm nuts about my cars. I'm happy with the result and my old eyes can easily see out day and night. After driving to the shop on wet roads (I needed 2 Xanax), it was home to do a decon wash (hadn't been washed since Christmas!); I forgot what the actual wheel color was; maybe I'll do PCCB on the next one!

During the wash, my GLI summer wheels and tires were delivered. Flowformed wheels (21 pounds versus OEM 26 pounds) with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4. Wider wheels with better offset, 235 width tires with a slightly taller profile to close up the wheel gap slightly. Neuspeed was great: Slight discount on the wheels, they matched Tire Rack's price on the tires, free mounting and balancing with black wheel weights, and free shipping from CA. There was also a $120 rebate on Michelin Pilot tires! Need to wipe them with IPA and coat them with Qtechniq C5 before mounting.

1617887328205.png

1617887370298.png

1617887402338.png

1617887428116.png

1617887453604.png

Last edited:

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Who'd you use? I gotta get the gt350 tinted.

Dan's Mobile Tinting. Behind Honest1 Auto at the intersection of 202 and Case Boulevard. Does a very good job and has XPEL ceramic tint. Make your appointment soon; he's booked out for weeks in advance usually.

1617811716157.jpg1617815297542.jpg

Last edited:

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Clean, manual NA 911 with the right options. Located in Readington. Maybe coilovers and an exhaust and it would be a seriously fun ride.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
25 years driving 287 thru Piscataway and today was the first time I've ever seen a Trooper using Laser instead of Radar. Always scares the shit out of me when that blares out of the detector.

Top Bottom