Car-spotting thread

Dingo

My wife had that same car and colors. Even though it had the stripes only a 318 2bbl.
I worked with a guy back in the 70's, he had a '71 demon 340 4-speed. Car was pretty quick and lots of smokey burnouts. He got it really cheap, driver side mint passenger side caved in around a phone pole, and the door permanently crushed closed. Drove it like that for years until the good side was totaled lol :rolleyes:

EJphotos

Yeah, from that shop I’m 5 miles North, then 2.5 miles East, so I can pick up a quick 15 mile down-n-back. Good change of pace to Hunterdon County climbing.
Nice. 5 miles north, I'm assuming Lacey. The trail goes north another 4 miles starting at Hebrew Park in Lacey and goes up to Bayville. Barnegat to Bayville and then back is a 24 mile round trip if you're looking for a longer ride.

iman29

I worked with a guy back in the 70's, he had a '71 demon 340 4-speed. Car was pretty quick and lots of smokey burnouts. He got it really cheap, driver side mint passenger side caved in around a phone pole, and the door permanently crushed closed. Drove it like that for years until the good side was totaled lol :rolleyes:
My delinquent neighbor next door to me when I was living at home and going to college got one for his delinquent druggie kid it was a red and black demon 340 4 speed. Such a nice car for such a bunch of moronic people of course he totaled it and got arrested for DWI.
At least that cut down on the 3am burnouts he used to do just to piss off my parents.

rick81721

Lothar
I ran into the backfire king yesterday on 202N - a guy in a suby. Now I've heard similar japanese cars that backfired alot but nothing like this. Mine backfires occasionally but most rumbles - I call it 'the thunder". Anywho, it was appropriate for the 4th of july, sounded like he had firecrackers going off in his muffler. I even burst out laughing around 30 seconds in - crank up the volume for full effect!

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I ran into the backfire king yesterday on 202N - a guy in a suby. Now I've heard similar japanese cars that backfired alot but nothing like this. Mine backfires occasionally but most rumbles - I call it 'the thunder". Anywho, it was appropriate for the 4th of july, sounded like he had firecrackers going off in his muffler. I even burst out laughing around 30 seconds in - crank up the volume for full effect!

Happy 4th of July!

Pretty common to see on dumb VW folks as well that tune their car specifically for it. Lose performance to shoot unburned fuel into your exhaust because bangs!

iman29

Looks fast standing still. Massive wheels and rotors to rein in all that HP. And it was spotless clean. Yellow calipers looked very cool with the spoiler guard that no one ever removes.

My friend and I agreed that would be trouble if we had one.

7CC2DA4C-874C-4322-95E8-0952B32C75C7.jpeg

EJphotos

Indiana. Cousins daughters boyfriends car. 2015 GT manual. Flowmasters and TSW wheels. 305s on the rear. Not bad for 22 years old.

View attachment 133499View attachment 133500

Cousins husbands Syclone. Needs some love.

View attachment 133501
I had two Syclones, both stolen, both never found. ?
There was a GMC Typhoon in my old neighborhood/town that always seemed to get stolen, repainted, then stolen back again, repainted yet again, stolen again, different color...and it just continued that cycle among a certain few families. Finally, it was impounded and became a DARE vehicle lol.

Top Bottom