Car-spotting thread

mfennell

Parked next to this yesterady. 1988 Panther Kallista. I thought it was a kit but it was actually produced from '82-''93. Aluminum body. 4cyl Ford engine.

panther.jpg

Pulled the Factory Five Cobra out for the first time of 2021 (!) for a drive with my daughter to pick apples. I park it in front of my wife's MINI, with the back jacked far enough up in the air that the MINI can tuck under a few inches, so it's kind of a PITA to get out. I really need a better solution.

So many cyclists out. apparently unaware that you're supposed to start in the dark and finish by 9. :) Saw @jimvreeland 's doppleganger leading a group ride of about a dozen people.

cobra-apple-picking.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Parked next to this yesterady. 1988 Panther Kallista. I thought it was a kit but it was actually produced from '82-''93. Aluminum body. 4cyl Ford engine.

View attachment 167898

Pulled the Factory Five Cobra out for the first time of 2021 (!) for a drive with my daughter to pick apples. I park it in front of my wife's MINI, with the back jacked far enough up in the air that the MINI can tuck under a few inches, so it's kind of a PITA to get out. I really need a better solution.

So many cyclists out. apparently unaware that you're supposed to start in the dark and finish by 9. :) Saw @jimvreeland 's doppleganger leading a group ride of about a dozen people.

View attachment 167899
That guy had it all going facial hair and ear gauges. I was working the event. Car looks great. No storage lift?

mfennell

That guy had it all going facial hair and ear gauges. I was working the event. Car looks great. No storage lift?

Cool. What event was it?

I have a 4 post already. A second would fit (barely) but would make working in the garage a huge pain. What I really need to do is sell my wife's '91 318is.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tell me you grew up in the 1980's without telling me you grew up in the 1980's.

Biff must have been trying fixing the flux cap. because he nearly swerved off the road right before I took this.
View attachment 168008
I remember thinking that was such a cool car when Back to the future came out....then my da told me all about that car and just ruined it for me lol. Ireland? who the hell builds cars in Ireland?

w_b

Think ‘72 Dart Swinger recirculating ball steering box, only worse. 180deg backlash in the wheel, both left and right.

Kaleidopete

So I went for lunch today at Murphy's bar & grill.
I walk in and sat at the bar & say I'd like a pint of Stella & an order of potato skins.
Barmaid says "kitchen opens in 10 minutes. So I get the beer and she sits and waits
10 minutes before placing my food order. Everything was delicious.
I left and spotted the Aston behind the building. Nice car.
That covers my car spotting, what beer are you drinking, & what food are you eating.
Cimg0155.jpgCimg0156.jpgCimg0157.jpg

Top Bottom