Car-spotting thread

don

I wheeled with this LJ in Moab that has the conversion, cool engine for sure!

Love interco tires!

What trans are you using?

View attachment 160312

That's awesome! I've been following the build on that rig in Four Wheeler magazine (I still read print haha).

It's very well done and the back story on the cut grille is really cool: https://www.fourwheeler.com/ultimate-adventure/2020/ua-build-part-1/

I'm using a Land Rover R380 manual gearbox. I got the Cummins R2.8 from Chad at QuickDraw - he made a bellhousing that ties the 2 together. And a Mopar clutch and pressure plate (23 spline).

Johnny Utah

That's awesome! I've been following the build on that rig in Four Wheeler magazine (I still read print haha).

It's very well done and the back story on the cut grille is really cool: https://www.fourwheeler.com/ultimate-adventure/2020/ua-build-part-1/

I'm using a Land Rover R380 manual gearbox. I got the Cummins R2.8 from Chad at QuickDraw - he made a bellhousing that ties the 2 together. And a Mopar clutch and pressure plate (23 spline).
Very cool! I still get the print magazines as well. Vernes a cool guy (the builder), I am friendly with two of the photographers/ contributors for the magazine and usually get to tag along with them
In Utah every year or if they are local. It’s a really small industry.

I made the ultimate adventure dirty dozen a couple years back. At some point I will probably re-apply. Maybe I will see your rover in there! Life has been crazy in the Covid/post-Covid world.

1433A808-676E-4088-86EC-A95B7073B794.jpeg121C6C61-D223-4182-8A0D-DE6817A448E7.jpeg

don

UA would be a dream for me. I got invited on a CO trip with a good group of LR guys but it's not in the cards this summer (like you said post-Covid world) but they are planning on it every year so I'm gunning for next year. UA would be incredible but I would need a much burlier build.

That is so cool you got into the dirty dozen! I'm sure I read that mag in 2019 and made not a Jersey guy was in it. Great to hear Verne is a cool guy - a lot of those guys seem genuine on the vids I've watched for it. (Dirthead Dave Chappelle actually rode BMX and had a Dirt Brothers which he posted on IG).

Johnny Utah

UA would be a dream for me. I got invited on a CO trip with a good group of LR guys but it's not in the cards this summer (like you said post-Covid world) but they are planning on it every year so I'm gunning for next year. UA would be incredible but I would need a much burlier build.

That is so cool you got into the dirty dozen! I'm sure I read that mag in 2019 and made not a Jersey guy was in it. Great to hear Verne is a cool guy - a lot of those guys seem genuine on the vids I've watched for it. (Dirthead Dave Chappelle actually rode BMX and had a Dirt Brothers which he posted on IG).
Harry Wagner grew up is Piscataway and used to wheel the pine barrens on the regular!

Do you wheel with the Muddy Oval guys? I did a trip with them in Wharton years ago.

Reactions: don

don

Harry Wagner grew up is Piscataway and used to wheel the pine barrens on the regular!

Do you wheel with the Muddy Oval guys? I did a trip with them in Wharton years ago.
Great stuff - small world indeed. I did a trip with the Muddy Oval guys a bunch of years ago - good group.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone going to the Boonton Walmart show tonight? I finally got the valve seals done in the Mustang good to go now I'll probably be there tonight

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Anyone going to the Boonton Walmart show tonight? I finally got the valve seals done in the Mustang good to go now I'll probably be there tonight
Yep I’ll be there at 6, staying till 7:30. My car is too new to show but my buddy will be showing his ‘89 560SEL. Should be the only one there so look for us. Would love to check out your car in person. That was quite a restoration you did.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yep I’ll be there at 6, staying till 7:30. My car is too new to show but my buddy will be showing his ‘89 560SEL. Should be the only one there so look for us. Would love to check out your car in person. That was quite a restoration you did.
Turns out there's a car show on Main Street in Denville I didn't realize so I'm heading over there

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
At the Das Laufwerk car meet a couple of years ago, I watched as a guy actually got into the drivers seat of my M. What part of look but don’t touch, let alone climb in, do these folks not understand. Next time I’m setting the alarm 😠
That is pretty rediculous lol.... I have to say, being this was on main Street there were probably alot of non car show regulars... So the edicate wasn't as good... The hand on the car... I mean I would never do that, but im like eh, this paint has enough wax on it, should be fine, whatever... But if someone leaned on it, different story. I was probably a little more caught up in the fact that after 6 years of rebuilding it... Felt really good to get the positive comments about it and I love awnsering people questions.... I always find it funny that nobody can ever guess the correct year.

Really it hasn't been 6 years, more like 40 years from the time I was old enough to hold a wrench I was working on this thing with my dad. I just feel very fortunate that I still have it

20210625_210533.jpg

20210625_201821.jpg

Jesse from blue sky brought his fox over... Love this thing... More so I love that fox bodies are worth enough now that people will spend money making them nice

20210625_190302.jpg

Kaleidopete

That is pretty rediculous lol.... I have to say, being this was on main Street there were probably alot of non car show regulars... So the edicate wasn't as good... The hand on the car... I mean I would never do that, but im like eh, this paint has enough wax on it, should be fine, whatever... But if someone leaned on it, different story. I was probably a little more caught up in the fact that after 6 years of rebuilding it... Felt really good to get the positive comments about it and I love awnsering people questions.... I always find it funny that nobody can ever guess the correct year.

Really it hasn't been 6 years, more like 40 years from the time I was old enough to hold a wrench I was working on this thing with my dad. I just feel very fortunate that I still have it

View attachment 160385

View attachment 160386

Jesse from blue sky brought his fox over... Love this thing... More so I love that fox bodies are worth enough now that people will spend money making them nice

View attachment 160387
uh-oh, sticky fingers!

Top Bottom