Car-spotting thread

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wisconsin is interesting. There's a TON of Harley riders. No helmets. They're somehow wearing everything out of the Harley Davidson catalog, yet they don't seem like they're going too crazy with it. And the motorcycles are 1/4 the volume of the ones in NJ.

This one was a the company I was working at today. I'm not sure if they're a collector's piece now or what. No idea what Harley guys think of them, but I know what they thought of them back in the day.
2019-09-19 09.02.09.jpg

ekuhn

Wisconsin is interesting. There's a TON of Harley riders. No helmets. They're somehow wearing everything out of the Harley Davidson catalog, yet they don't seem like they're going too crazy with it. And the motorcycles are 1/4 the volume of the ones in NJ.

This one was a the company I was working at today. I'm not sure if they're a collector's piece now or what. No idea what Harley guys think of them, but I know what they thought of them back in the day.
View attachment 106035

VROD was a fun ride had the chance to take one for a spin. Def more nimble than your typical Harley. Few thought this liquid cooled VTwin was going to be Harleys next best thing. Funny how Honda did it 20 years earlier with the V65 Magna.

Captain Brainstorm

View attachment 106035

V-Rod was pretty fast for what it was in a straight line. Motor was designed by Porsche. After it came out, I watched a Discovery Channel special on how Porsche designed and tested the motor, was pretty cool.

V-Rod was also Harley's opportunity to spin-off a line of bikes (street fighters, cafe racers, etc.) to try and capture a slightly different market and not end up where they are today, but of course they blew that opportunity in spectacular fashion.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was it on a 17 mile long road, downhill?
No and as a matter of fact. The superbird and other cars being built in response to it... (Ford king cobra for example) freaked Nascar out a bit and made them change the rules limiting engine size to ~350ci. They had much bigger engines in 70, but they were just as fast as modern nascars and built on actual cars, not tube frames like today. Nascar was really cool back in the day....was a bit like group b with the factories involved

More crazy to me is Ken Miles running 215mph at lemans in 66 driving a gt40 that had no roll cage ?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Some lady brought her German sports car to a bike race this morning and parked it in the middle of all the team tents. How rude of her!

Typically not into these, however this paint job actually looks awesome in person. What's equally cool is all the small touches on her bike. Personalized heat shrink on the cables...

Also saw an old Civic. I love small Japanese cars.
2019-09-20 10.37.45.jpg2019-09-20 10.51.04.jpg

2019-09-19 20.57.41.jpg

iman29

that thing is awesome. My mom drove us around back in the late 70's in a 4 door 66 or 67 sky blue caddy. I can remember laying across the back seat and not being able to reach the sides of the doors. then I remember some F@ckers stole the wheel skirts off it and my dad could never find replacements. Mom used to call her Blue Bessie.

iman29

Parking lot of Tour De Summer Camps event I was a ride marshal today.

Wonder if this was the same Jag I saw Friday night.

136DB6B2-0B6B-44A6-BF76-10F82DEBD5F7.jpeg

Here a Tesla, There A Tesla, Everywhere a Tesla

7D5FE648-27A2-4DC2-9BD4-47F9E122FEDC.jpeg2133E969-1AE4-48B7-A403-FA72A1A1AE37.jpeg

But this Supra Turbo parked next to me was my Fav of the day. He pulled out as I was getting back from the ride and it sounded pretty mean.

3703B019-8E6E-4512-81B5-91670B0DE094.jpeg

Top Bottom