Car-spotting thread

Cut away Cobra is awesome. That GNX looks awesome. Friend of mine has a heavily modified GN that can be driven on the road, then go rip at Atco.
Ya that was factory five's display, pretty neat.

So that GNX only has 1700 miles on it, will be interesting to see what it sells for.

Backdraft was also there with their cobra's....which are a little more like an "new coke" version of the cobra. Doesnt look very original, but looks fun as hell to drive. They also had that 68 mustang shell I posted a picture of that they would build into a custom mustang for you. Shell was 22k.

So that GNX only has 1700 miles on it, will be interesting to see what it sells for.

My guess $100k ish. Only 547 made. Seen several on the auction blocks with low low miles and even plastic on the seats. Shame lotta people didn’t drive them!!

My guess $100k ish. Only 547 made. Seen several on the auction blocks with low low miles and even plastic on the seats. Shame lotta people didn’t drive them!!
There were 2 at the scottsdale auction earlier in the year...1 with 7600miles sold for 88k, one with 1500 miles sold for 104k, so 100k seem about right.

"wrapper" cars bring MAD MAD money. I noticed that there was a 589 miles 1993 mustang cobra R at the palm springs auction, $132,000!....which is mind blowing for a fox body lol.

They were giving people rides around the parking lot... I got to spin in the bullit mustang... Felt about as fast as mine, but it had brakes ?

I wanted to go for a ride in one of the Dodges because they looked like an absolute blast but the line was too long so I'll have to wait for @graveyardman67 to take me for a spin

You know where I live.

Proof of the drug problem in the USA. Cause you gotta be on drugs to spend that on one.
well more like proof that collector value has 0 to do with the quality of the vehicle....people are spending over 100k for VW buses and they were horrendous piles of garbage....often times the more terrible the car, the more value it has since they all got thrown away. But the cobra R was $25,000 new in 1993, (which was an absurd price at the time since the regular cobra was only 18k and there is very little difference between the two) so roughly 100k profit for sitting on it for 25 years...pretty insane to think that kind of money could have ever been made on a fox body.

@serviceguy that little Fiat sold for $14,000

well more like proof that collector value has 0 to do with the quality of the vehicle....people are spending over 100k for VW buses and they were horrendous piles of garbage....often times the more terrible the car, the more value it has since they all got thrown away. But the cobra R was $25,000 new in 1993, (which was an absurd price at the time since the regular cobra was only 18k and there is very little difference between the two) so roughly 100k profit for sitting on it for 25 years...pretty insane to think that kind of money could have ever been made on a fox body.

@serviceguy that little Fiat sold for $14,000

The part I don't get about these "wrapper" cars is the value is in the lack of miles. So if you buy it and want to maintain or increase value, you can't drive it. Does not compute.

The part I don't get about these "wrapper" cars is the value is in the lack of miles. So if you buy it and want to maintain or increase value, you can't drive it. Does not compute.
im with you, but I know so many people who just buy things to look at them. @Carson does this...but with a Ford Raptor pick up ;)

I wonder if I should consider that as MY current value on the market...did you notice what year was that? Looks like suicide doors, probably early sixties.
63....and thats not bad...i was born in 76, not much worth anything from that era lol

Back
Top Bottom