Cape Cod

Welfleet flee market is fun. Provincetown, Chatham. Are you looking for a place to stay, ride, family attractions, beaches, fishing?

Hit up NEMBA.org and explore. The cape has amazing riding and summer activity.

I was just there, stayed in Chatham, but went to Orleans, Wellfleet and P-town...bunch of paved and off road options..here ya go..

http://www.capecodbikeguide.com/trails.asp

Comes with maps!

If you have a fatbike, bring it. Lots of beach access. If you go to P-town, they even let you drive your 4WD on the beach (permit required of course).

If you have a road bike, the paved trails are sweet.

Have fun!

Heading up to the Cape, any recommendations?

Search is your friend :popcorn:

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12027&highlight=cape+cod&page=3

The+wise+Robin+Williams.+True+story_663aba_3268222.jpg

Thanks! Great Biking in Cape Cod

Thanks for the suggestions. I got to ride almost every day and my fav, by far, was the Trail of Tears area. Well-marked trails, rocks, roots, and plenty of hills. A great ride- the highlight of my trip!

Just got back from Cape.....Here's my track of ToT for those heading up there at some point (image and gpx file attached). I managed 17 miles (as measured by cylcometer; gpx says 15.3), and probably covered only 70% of the trails. For those who know Jim Thorpe riding, this is much like Deer Path 1 and 2, only twistier, flowier and in many spots much narrower. The narrowest trails are in the NW corner (upper left of pic). The long sections to the east (middle right of pic) are the original ToT trails and these are wider (though still singletrack), have short steep sections and are eroded in spots. Overall, this is a great trail network. As others have said, totally worth riding if you're visiting the Cape.

Also, for those with fatties, the 411 is that beach riding is OK on the bay side and up at P-town, but access/permission is a mixed bag on the ocean-side beaches.

Trail%20of%20Tears%202015_zpsu7cqotg5.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-07-29 07.17, Trail of tears.gpx
    482.8 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom