Brewery news

SAM

Flyin' Fish has (had?) a self-imposed rule for no distribution outside of 100mi radius or diameter from their facility. They've also rebranded their logo and marketing recently.

Also rebranding/logo changes for Tonewood and Spellbound. Tonewood has upped their production levels with 2 locations brewing now.
My LLS (Local Liquor Store) in Flemington carries Tonewood all the time now. Recent development. A good addition to the drink local selections.

JDurk

It was def Cape May, maybe just a rumor around them. I heard talk on NJbeer Reddit after they apparently fired a bunch of staff.
Searched and found what you were talking about. I had heard that they terminated several long time employees too.

Several breweries down here in SJ have recently closed and wouldn't be surprised if there was more to come. Pitman, a dry town, had 2 breweries and both have now closed, but the town voted to allow beer/wine licenses for restaurants.

Some are expanding though.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Ross Brewing is officially open in Belford (the old fish market area across from the marina).Dan is a good buddy of mine, part-owner and a super strong cyclist. f you go and seeDan, tell him Turbo sent you.

OddTrickStar

Cape May has been using Yards in Philly for a few years to increase capacity. This will bring it back to the other side of the river. It also puts them not far from Tonewood. I was a huge Cape May fan, but right now Tonewood > Cape May.
Pure speculation here but I suspected Brotherton did this very thing. The taste totally changed on the Jersey Devil DIPA and it reminded me of Yards. Seen a Yards truck making deliveries to the brewery (it’s within walking distance from my house) within a week of noticing this. It was my main beer at that time so the change was immediately noticeable.

Edit to add that kids in breweries is ok if the parents are actively parenting, responsible, and already have their children in behavin mode. Was shocked stopping in Double Nickle on a Friday night to pick up some takeout. Kids on the floor, in the aisles, adjacent to where the adults were sitting with toys scattered about. Dim lighting and live music, perfect storm for kids to get hurt.

Last edited:

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Follow-up ^^^

Looks like they already suspended enforcement of the restrictions in early July, so there are no issues right now.

https://njbiz.com/abc-pauses-enforcement-on-some-nj-brewery-restrictions/

rick81721

Lothar
less demand -> lower price?
one can hope.

Some people are getting smarter:

"Other reasons respondents said they were drinking less beer included opting for a healthier lifestyle overall, cutting back on overall calorie consumption, drinking more non-alcoholic beverages"

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Some people are getting smarter:

"Other reasons respondents said they were drinking less beer included opting for a healthier lifestyle overall, cutting back on overall calorie consumption, drinking more non-alcoholic beverages"

replacing it with other substances is more likely.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Some people getting dumber
Do people in FL drink as much as they do in NC?

One thing that takes getting used to in NC compared to NJ is with the availability of alcohol everywhere, people seem to drink a lot more. It's not asleep on the floor drunk but I'm amazed getting breakfast at a restaurant on a weekend how many people will be getting drinks at 10am for instance. Or a beer w/ lunch at a generic lunch spot.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

One thing that takes getting used to in NC compared to NJ is with the availability of alcohol everywhere, people seem to drink a lot more. It's not asleep on the floor drunk but I'm amazed getting breakfast at a restaurant on a weekend how many people will be getting drinks at 10am for instance. Or a beer w/ lunch at a generic lunch spot.
I have a customer who retired early in early 50's to FL. Bought a house on a golf course. Said he couldn't keep up with how much everyone drank. Said the party started everyday when the course opened. Said he hadn't drank like that since college. He has since unretired and moved back to NJ. Said he'd save FL for when he's not afraid of killing himself with alcohol.

rick81721

Lothar

Not sure. I don't think the geezers drink alot - but will have a drink at lunch or even brunch.

rick81721

Lothar
I have a customer who retired early in early 50's to FL. Bought a house on a golf course. Said he couldn't keep up with how much everyone drank. Said the party started everyday when the course opened. Said he hadn't drank like that since college. He has since unretired and moved back to NJ. Said he'd save FL for when he's not afraid of killing himself with alcohol.

That's probably the case in any golf course community. The amount of drinking I saw in NJ during golf outings was stunning.

JPark

Top Bottom