Book of Paul H

Bolt
1. Nice touch to have your current speed on the map page.
2. LED lights to indicate turns.... pretty cool
3. When on data screen, pop ups for navigation direction was nice.
4. Cues are too damn small. Cant read it... as @Patrick said, gonna need bifocals.
5. Contours/curves of the road looks bit too exaggerated.

1. Color screen makes the map/directions easier to read
2 Good size fonts on the cues... at least for me. Had no issue reading.
3. Auto-zoom feature at turns with big bold white arrow to indicate turn. Cant remember if the Bolt auto zoomed.... bigger bread crumb? If it did... the difference was not significant enuff for me to notice.
4. Reroute sucks... Bolt has no reroute. 530 reroute is so bad.... having no reroute is better.

Personally for me, 530 wins on the navigation front. Way easier to follow and its closer to your car navi.
When making quick glances at the Bolt... it looks like a big blob and you need a sec longer to make out the info you want to see. Where as the 530, due to the color and the bigger screen, you don't need that extra sec.
But if you are training and needing directions, I can see why someone would like the Bolt better.

First ride with the HR monitor.
It wasn't a hard ride... and my HR maxed at 173 and avged at 152. Mid effort, it was ranging around mid 160-166.
Resting was around 80 and it shot up to 100 when smoking LOL

https://www.strava.com/activities/4043564483

Last edited:
Bolt
1. Nice touch to have your current speed on the map page.
2. LED lights to indicate turns.... pretty cool
3. When on data screen, pop ups for navigation direction was nice.
4. Cues are too damn small. Cant read it... as @Patrick said, gonna need bifocals.
5. Contours/curves of the road looks bit too exaggerated.

1. Color screen makes the map/directions easier to read
2 Good size fonts on the cues... at least for me. Had no issue reading.
3. Auto-zoom feature at turns with big bold white arrow to indicate turn. Cant remember if the Bolt auto zoomed.... bigger bread crumb? If it did... the difference was not significant enuff for me to notice.
4. Reroute sucks... Bolt has no reroute. 530 reroute is so bad.... having no reroute is better.

Personally for me, 530 wins on the navigation front. Way easier to follow and its closer to your car navi.
When making quick glances at the Bolt... it looks like a big blob and you need a sec longer to make out the info you want to see. Where as the 530, due to the color and the bigger screen, you don't need that extra sec.
But if you are training and needing directions, I can see why someone would like the Bolt better.

First ride with the HR monitor.
It wasn't a hard ride... and my HR maxed at 173 and avged at 152. Mid effort, it was ranging around mid 160-166.
Resting was around 80 and it shot up to 100 when smoking LOL

https://www.strava.com/activities/4043564483

First ride for me following a route on the ROAM. Flawless, best navigation I've tried - comparing to garmin 810 and wahoo bolt, Easily better than both of those - super easy to see, constantly prompts turns and straights thru intersections.

What the hell is a Chinook?
Did a tune up (overhaul) for a friend.
20200914_190141.jpg

it means that based on the data available to garmin you are overdoing it on the bike and you should take a rest day/easy day,

however if you only have a few rides on it then garmin has no baseline to make those recommendations and you should ignore it till you have a chance to give it some consistent data.

do some reading to understand the differences.

No... I half assed it and took my time.
My avg heart rate was 150 for this ride.

It's telling you that you're lazy if this is considered a hard effort and you said it wasn't then you're lazy.

Jk this is your first time? Most likely a baseline and after a few efforts you'll get a more realistic measurements.

No spare with you either, I guess.
I actually had a spare quick link on me... but I was less than a mile away from home and didn't want to get my hands dirty :D

well i guess theres a first for everything, iv never actually seen someone break the quicklink before :O
The chain had around 2000 miles (but the stretch is still within tolerance) and I took it on and off a few times to clean the chain. I am sure that had something to do with it.

BTW... dump the chain or just throw on another quick link?

i mean, i would dump it, but it all depends on how much wear is on it, if its close to gone anyway id dump it (usually its not an option when i break chains they have to go in the trash).

as a note my last 11 speed road chain lasted to about 2k miles based on chainwear indicators

Back
Top Bottom