Book of Paul H

Went out for a... what I thought was an easy ride.... like a HR zone 2/3 ride. But even at the slightly hill, my HR shot up to 160. Tried to keep the cadence at 80 and tried to keep the HR under 150. Despite this, looks like Garmin is basically telling me that it was a hard ride. My legs currently feel like I went out for a brisk walk. I guess my cardio is pretty bad?

Next ride... going to try to ride somewhere flat like Saddle River bike path and see what avg HR I can manage.

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 1.43.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 1.42.40 PM.png

you seem young to have z4 triggered at 160 ?
up the zones so the ride won't be as hard ;)

and stop letting technology tell you how you feel.
(please press like button - or better, love button.)

you seem young to have z4 triggered at 160 ?
up the zones so the ride won't be as hard ;)
Z4 is 144-161
I think Garmin basically looks at the max HR recorded and auto calculates zones.

and stop letting technology tell you how you feel.
(please press like button - or better, love button.)
I always thought that my cardio sucked and I guess Garmin is proving it with numbers.... :(

yeah - those are mine, and you are 20 years younger than me.
did you use Rick's? what is the highest HR you've seen (when you were actually pushing to climb something on a mtb
like cush!)

yeah - those are mine, and you are 20 years younger than me.
did you use Rick's? what is the highest HR you've seen (when you were actually pushing to climb something on a mtb
like cush!)
Aren't you in your 50s? Im 45.
Anyways... i maxed out at 174

Also... i found the chain link that "broke" off few rides ago. Looks like I didn't break anything. A pin got loose and just fell off... :confused:
20200928_142803.jpg

Aren't you in your 50s? Im 45.
Anyways... i maxed out at 174

Also... i found the chain link that "broke" off few rides ago. Looks like I didn't break anything. A pin got loose and just fell off... :confused:
View attachment 140309

damn, you are old.

btw - as you get in better shape, your hr lowers for a given effort.
or you go faster for a given hr - if you'd like to think of it that way.
time to get that beach body ready for next year too.

Should I give up? Am I dead already and did not realize it? Or should I just not wearing an HR monitor? This included a number of stop for recovery / chatting / etc.
ringwood.JPG

Back
Top Bottom