BIYF - 2021/2022 - No Frills

If we trust the honor system it doesn’t seem like it would be hard to create a worksheet where everyone inputs their own data. Maybe have a moderator that loosely watches for discrepancies. Bonus entries must be approved and entered by the moderator. Still some work but a hell of a lot less than a single person sifting through every single post in the thread and updating manually each week.

Or just force one of these retired dudes (Rick) to step up.

Each athlete would have permission to edit their own tab, and I could write a roll-up from them. After I fix the time warp again. 👄 💃🕺

Last edited:
If we trust the honor system

1670549816513.gif

If we trust the honor system it doesn’t seem like it would be hard to create a worksheet where everyone inputs their own data. Maybe have a moderator that loosely watches for discrepancies. Bonus entries must be approved and entered by the moderator. Still some work but a hell of a lot less than a single person sifting through every single post in the thread and updating manually each week.

Or just force one of these retired dudes (Rick) to step up.

I've done it before with Kev and Johnny U. I rule with iron fist - no excuses, no shortcuts. 59 min 59 sec ride = a big fat nothing. Fake rides don't count - outside only. Rides in FL are worth double points!

1000000822.gif

Each athlete would have permission to edit their own tab, and I could write a roll-up from them. After I fix the time warp again. 👄 💃🕺
Having run this a number of times, if anything has been proven, it's that at least half the people have no idea (or care) what the rules are. Said people will think you get 18 points per hour and put in 18 hours as their daily entry. And this is regardless of how simple or complex the rules are. If they are entering their own time, it will be hard to address consistency in scoring with those people.

IMO, the hours only approach only applies to a small amount of people as they simply can't compete with the perennial top 10. I always like the "game" aspect of BIYF because the lower hour riders can still compete with something (the picture challenges, the history challenges, # of whales per ride, picture of the day/week, etc.) . All that being said, someone to drive it is required for that.

IMO, the hours only approach only applies to a small amount of people as they simply can't compete with the perennial top 10. I always like the "game" aspect of BIYF because the lower hour riders can still compete with something (the picture challenges, the history challenges, # of whales per ride, picture of the day/week, etc.) . All that being said, someone to drive it is required for that.

This is key. Some people have an unfair advantage in that they don't work during the day (or don't work at all), or routinely put up huge numbers every week and should only be playing along for fun - no prizes.

Back
Top Bottom