Bikers in Kayaks! Paddle on 7/22, Navesink

Happigirl

I've talked to a few of you about kayaking. If you're interested, I am hosting an easy touring trip (3-4 hours, upriver on water with potential for a little chop but not heavy) on Sunday on the Navesink. It's to celebrate my newest kayak and to get a friend back on the water after a long hiatus due to a back injury, so we will take it easy for her sake. If you have a 14' or longer kayak, this would be a good trip for you. Shorter boats are welcome, you may just need to paddle a little harder to keep up. You will need a PFD (lifejacket), water and a snack. And beer money for the debriefing afterwards. My trip is posted on the Jersey Shore Sea Kayak Association (JSSKA) forum:

http://www.jsska.org/forum/722-navesink-paddle-930-meet-victory-park

JSSKA is a great resource, just like MTBNJ. I'll be happy to help anyone with their kayaking skills. Many people here have helped me with my biking, so I want to pay it forward. :)

Hey Tracy, congrats on the new boat! Meg and I would join you but
1). shes got a broken wrist
2). We're going away camping

Have always loved the Navasink. Close to Hartshorne.

Capes - have fun camping! I think we can find an "adaptive paddling" solution for Ms Meg. This is a great time to teach her some one-armed rolls. We can start with the Shotgun Roll and then the Crook of the Arm Roll. Hope to see you guys on the water and trails soon!

Yeah, she's only got a week and a half left of purple-club-arm. I think I'd be more comfortable teaching her a standard roll before she gets in to any fancy Greenland stuff.

Hi Tracy,
Pat and I would love to join you but we have plans for tomorrow. Hopefully next time.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

Back
Top Bottom